• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants his Lizard with a lab coat?

11 posts in this topic

The inclusion of the lab coat, which is admittedly silly if you think about it from a real world sense, was a brilliant stroke of genious from the Lee/Ditko team.

It clearly distinguishes the Lizard from the typical "monster of the week" cliche that's been used a zillion times over in movies and tv. It's suppose to be the link that reminds us of what used to be the man, who was not a villian, but a brilliant scientist and a decent family man.

Although it may look weird for what is essentially a "were-lizard" in this movie, the lab coat is an identifiable trademark for this character and is what makes him unique.

Cool, i'm excited of this movie.

Not excited for Dennis Leary...

+1

Seems like everyone i hear isn't excited about this movie and think it will blow. Who knows but the last trailer i saw i thought looked pretty cool and actually has me excited to see it (shrug)

As long as the Lizard is done well and doesnt look like garbage like Hulk did in the 1st movie, i think he'll be an awesome villain for the movie.

The lab coat don't bother me one bit. If you think about it, just about every monster in the pre-hero and Marvel universe, wether its brown, blue, black, green, orange or whatever, has shorts or diapers on. How do they manufacture their clothes when some of them only have two fingers? hm

Although it may look weird for what is essentially a "were-lizard" in this movie, the lab coat is an identifiable trademark for this character and is what makes him unique.

Not really, considering Dr. Jekyll and Dr. Frankenstein from long before. There's a long and well-developed tradition in popular culture of the Mad Scientist.

Seems like everyone i hear isn't excited about this movie and think it will blow. Who knows but the last trailer i saw i thought looked pretty cool and actually has me excited to see it (shrug)

I'll probably skip it, and catch it on OnDemand - I just can't seem to get into it. I think Andrew Garfield is miscast as Peter Parker, but perfectly cast for an Edward Cullen/Peter Parker moody, emo, poetry-writing, wall-crawling alternative.

I think the movie is going to be a dark, pretentious, self-important, narcissistic, angst-ridden re-imagining of Spider-man, which I don't feel is worth spending $20 on.

I don't think it's going to blow, I think it'll be a good film - just not for me.