• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be "the sign" that Comic book movies are over...

35 posts in this topic

and have basically have jumped the proverbial Shark???

A movie with a six armed spidey?

A movie based off any SA DC cover?

A movie based off of the Kitty Pride Dream Universe (where Nightcrawler is Bamf, etc.)

A monster movie cross over (Batman meets the mummy)?

When all the good villains are used up and Paste Pot Pete makes his debut.

The 4th reboot movie of a major character???

or do you think that nutty Super Hero movies

will always be off set by solid ones?

What's your take on the "sign" or will it ever end?

Since the big two have parents interested in making movies, it seems comics properties will be perpetually renewed for each new wave of young people. If the renewal is too often, I think that will be a harbinger of the public losing interest. Spider-Man this year is cutting it a little close for a reboot, in my opinion.

Comic book movies will never be over. They will wax and wane with the times and super heroes will go out of fashion but as long as the format exists to tell stories and introduce characters, the movies will aways follow. Comic books are a dream for Hollywood, creative visual storytelling with a dedicated fan base and instant pulp culture recognition.

If Spider-man or Batman Dark Knight Rises can`t beat Hunger Games at the domestic box office.

They both will this summer, but if they don`t then I think that would be the sign.

:screwy: the bar for failure is set at $400mm domestic :screwy:

any analysis that doesn't take into account WW BO is flawed

If Spider-man or Batman Dark Knight Rises can`t beat Hunger Games at the domestic box office.

They both will this summer, but if they don`t then I think that would be the sign.

:screwy: the bar for failure is set at $400mm domestic :screwy:

any analysis that doesn't take into account WW BO is flawed

I would agree until somebody told me that the movie studios don`t even received half of the WW BO,as its more like 20 percent.

...when the movie studios start making "reality" movies that are 1/20th of the budget of a comic movie, yet earn the same bank at the box office.

When they make hulk vs Spiderman

Punisher vs Spiderman

Avengers vs X-men

When Galactus gets beat by the Fantastic 4

When wolverine gets played by a teenager

The sign of an underserved market: when a bad film makes good money. The sign of a saturated market: good films are making bad money.

John Carter!!! It deserves more credit... That movie was badazz!

The sign of an underserved market: when a bad film makes good money. The sign of a saturated market: good films are making bad money.

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

Clone wars baby!

I've always wanted to see comics venture into the animated movie market. And I'm not talking about those straight to DVD movies that DC and marvel krap out once a month. I always thought it would be cool to see more undergroune stuff get the animation treatment. Like maybe Bone or even Cerebus (that would be a long movie). Wasn't there supposed to be a CGI Goon movie coming out soon. I remember seeing a 5 min preview for it.

I think the next major market for comics to make their mark in is TV series. The walking dead has already proven that with good material, you can make a TV show based off a comic work. And I'm pretty sure theres a show based off of Powers in the works for FX (correct me if I'm wrong)? Also all the talk about preacher (HBO can't be anymore stupid by cancelling that). I think we have barely scraped the tip of the ice berg for comic TV shows.

I also think comic movies will never die. They are ssuch a part of our pop culture now, that as long as the kids are still around, theyre going to be begging their moms and dads to take them to see the new superhero movie that came out.

when the entire paradigm /format for feature films has died it's slow death from the online streaming/piracy and people give up on cinema.

CAL who sees that horrifying possibility...

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

Seriously??!!!!... It was EPIC!!!

A movie based off of the Kitty Pride Dream Universe (where Nightcrawler is Bamf, etc.)

Who knows as they have been making good/bad comic books movies since 1999, and so far every summer comic dorks box office sales still can't be beat.

....the sign will be the appearance in the nightime sky of what looks like a star, except it keeps getting bigger and bigger.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Who knows as they have been making good/bad comic books movies since 1978, and so far every summer comic dorks box office sales still can't be beat.

Fixed it for you.