• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be "the sign" that Comic book movies are over...

35 posts in this topic

and have basically have jumped the proverbial Shark???

A movie with a six armed spidey?

A movie based off any SA DC cover?

A movie based off of the Kitty Pride Dream Universe (where Nightcrawler is Bamf, etc.)

A monster movie cross over (Batman meets the mummy)?

When all the good villains are used up and Paste Pot Pete makes his debut.

The 4th reboot movie of a major character???

or do you think that nutty Super Hero movies

will always be off set by solid ones?

What's your take on the "sign" or will it ever end?

Who knows as they have been making good/bad comic books movies since 1978, and so far every summer comic dorks box office sales still can't be beat.

Fixed it for you.

Wasn't there a Superman movie serial in the 1950s that did pretty good at the Box Office?

Which lead to the TV series... hm

"Superman battles Lex Luthor who is using a teleportation device and a new identity as Atom Man in his criminal plans."

125555.jpg.8769e1b46cc01c5a29999afed03d3bc5.jpg

Well, considering the already numerous poor choices they've made in the past, ohhhhh.... 40 years or so in regards to adaptations, I don't think it really will ever be "over". There's a big market for them, and regardless of the quality, the hardcore fans will be there with bells on. Also, considering the tentative contracts being signed/extended for sequels and spinoffs, It's not likely to occur any time soon. Just my 2c though.

When Joel Schumacher takes over any of the franchises because Thor needs nipples on his suit..and there is not enough latex in the movies...

There fixed it

oh and plus one

They will have jumped the shark if we ever see George Lucas trying to do a sequel or "improve' any of them *barf*

Comic book movies will never be over. They will wax and wane with the times and super heroes will go out of fashion but as long as the format exists to tell stories and introduce characters, the movies will aways follow. Comic books are a dream for Hollywood, creative visual storytelling with a dedicated fan base and instant pulp culture recognition.

This. Now that the special effects have caught up to the vision and they can make the characters come to life there's no end. Just too many great characters and story lines to adapt to film. And it isn't just super heroes. Richie Rich, Casper the Ghost, Horror and Sci Fi based on some of the classic EC stories, Uncle Scrooge; it's endless.

Comic book movies will never be over. They will wax and wane with the times and super heroes will go out of fashion but as long as the format exists to tell stories and introduce characters, the movies will aways follow. Comic books are a dream for Hollywood, creative visual storytelling with a dedicated fan base and instant pulp culture recognition.

This. Now that the special effects have caught up to the vision and they can make the characters come to life there's no end. Just too many great characters and story lines to adapt to film. And it isn't just super heroes. Richie Rich, Casper the Ghost, Horror and Sci Fi based on some of the classic EC stories, Uncle Scrooge; it's endless.

It really is amazing how much the old styles are overlooked. They don't have to be "updated." My children were recently riveted by some 1930s Mickey Mouse cartoons. High quality stuff.

Computers could facilitate beautiful work of every vision, if there is a vision to begin with.

Hey now..squirrel girl could have some riveting love triangle with that green lantern chipmunk..
lol

Ryan what's his name would make a better green lantern chipmunk than he did an actual Hal GL..

*sighs* STILL ANGRY GL was not my lovely ..yummy..hottie Nathan Fillion

I think there aren’t solid ones. I have yet to see a superhero movie effectively faithful to the original it would (or should) represent, and respectful of the original comic book characters.

I think there aren’t solid ones. I have yet to see a superhero movie effectively faithful to the original it would (or should) represent, and respectful of the original comic book characters.

I think if that is what you expect from a movie - you'll always be disappointed. There is no way to take 10,000 pages of character development and dilute it down to two hours while maintaining completely faithful to the original. To think that it can be done isn't remotely realistic, and even worse - deprives you of the pure enjoyment these movies provide.