• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding Dialogue bubbles and words on modern OA

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what you guys thought about this, or if any of you have tried doing this your self. The art I collect, thus far, is from the modern age. Walking Dead pages in particular. I love looking at the art, the very reason I bought it to begin with. But I can help but think what it would look like if I scanned the printed page, cut out the word balloons, and some how put them on the page (with out damaging it of course) so when it's hanging up on the wall, I can see the whole effect.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, in which case, can someone point me to the right direction. If it hasn't been, what do you guys think?

Thanks,

Phill

You can "add" words without modifying the original art by simply applying it on a clear acetate overlay. I've thought about doing it buy it was just alot of work and I didn't want to deal with it. If my local office supply stores could photocopy 11x17 on clear acetate I would have done it already.

Malvin

I can highly recommend Chris Ivy. He can create the word balloons so that the are the right size, identically lettered, and attached to an acetate overlay. You can frame the combination.

I had him do it with my Archie cover. All of the text is by Chris on acetate. It looks great.

He's fast, reasonable, and a nice guy. You should be able to reach him from his CAF gallery. If you have a problem with that, PM me and I'll give you his e-mail address.

I can highly recommend Chris Ivy. He can create the word balloons so that the are the right size, identically lettered, and attached to an acetate overlay. You can frame the combination.

I had him do it with my Archie cover. All of the text is by Chris on acetate. It looks great.

He's fast, reasonable, and a nice guy. You should be able to reach him from his CAF gallery. If you have a problem with that, PM me and I'll give you his e-mail address.

Hey Alex,

I was thinking it could be done with an acetate overlay. Thanks for the advice!

Hey Alex,

I was thinking it could be done with an acetate overlay. Thanks for the advice!

The acetate overlay works great if you are patient, and it gives a nice sense of accomplishment.