• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this one for a forum member - Guess who???

24 posts in this topic

8.0. Wear at top of book -- middle and left corner.

Stress marks on the spine.

Back cover is a little too dirty.

Pete, you are one hard-to-please guy! Thanks hi.gif

Hi David,

How's Marin today? Foggy as heck in Daly City, as usual!

Nice book - 8.5, maybe a 9.0. I love the exagerated perspective Kirby used for Cap on this cover. His fist is huge!!!!

Hi David,

How's Marin today? Foggy as heck in Daly City, as usual!

Nice book - 8.5, maybe a 9.0. I love the exagerated perspective Kirby used for Cap on this cover. His fist is huge!!!!

Jim,

I'm sure it's beautiful, but I''m pluggin' away at my desk, here at my real job in SF frown.gif

Yeah, Jack did this same kinda thing on one of the first 10 Cap covers too (#107? if I recall correctly). IMHO this issue is still severely undervalued in the OS Guide. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A little rough along the top for a 9.0... sumo.gif

I most respectfully disagree. 27_laughing.gif In fact if this weren't a deep black background***, you wouldn't even notice that - it is EXTREMELY light! 893frustrated.gif

***but of course, it IS. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

I love the exagerated perspective Kirby used for Cap on this cover. His fist is huge!!!!

Yeah, Jack did this same kinda thing on one of the first 10 Cap covers too (#107? if I recall correctly). IMHO this issue is still severely undervalued in the OS Guide. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif Absolutely! The Cap is #106 - I'll have to go home and stare my my copy for awhile this evening. Again, very nice DD 43. Is it going up on eBay soon?

I'll guess 8.5 with the degree of soiling on the back cover.

Kirby loved to draw covers with exaggerated perspective. Cap's fist in this ish. Thor's hammer. Cap's shield in Avengers 4.

It could easily get a 9.0 if there is nothing more wrong. The dirt on the back cover is a NON-FACTOR.

I had a 9.2 that had way more damage at the bottom of the book than this has at the top.

The only concern is that some of the BLACKNESS on the SPINE, seems to be worn away.

Nice book, but probably not worth slabbing if you hare only going to get a 9.0. Would be worth pre-screening for 9.2 or up.

I'll guess 8.5 with the degree of soiling on the back cover.

Kirby loved to draw covers with exaggerated perspective. Cap's fist in this ish. Thor's hammer. Cap's shield in Avengers 4.

Interesting, that you should describe the "soiling". This is a relatively clean BC with only very light uniform stack staining. My scanner, an HP 7350C is VERY good, and provides, perhaps the truest scans available.

Yes, Jack did, and they are all treasures!

It could easily get a 9.0 if there is nothing more wrong. The dirt on the back cover is a NON-FACTOR.

I agree. See my comment above, as well.

I had a 9.2 that had way more damage at the bottom of the book than this has at the top.

The only concern is that some of the BLACKNESS on the SPINE, seems to be worn away.

Not really though. In hand, it is quite impressive, particulary in Mylar. Again, my aim (scan) is true. thumbsup2.gif