• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speechless over the greatness of the Avengers!!!

36 posts in this topic

Yes, I know, there's already a million and one threads about the Avengers movie but I don't care.

Since I was a little kid 30+ years ago, I have always LOVED the Avengers more than any other comic book, not even close. I always caught flak from my friends for liking such a "lame" book. They were always looked at as the crappy red headed stepchild to titles like X-Men, FF and Spidey never getting the respect I thought they deserved. As a kid, I was one of the VERY few that wasn't obsessed with Spider man, Wolverine, Iron man. My heroes were Ant man, Yellowjacket, Vision and the like which all my friends thought was retarded.

I just got back from the movie and am speechless over how great it was. To see my favorite team in a movie that amazing was beyond a dream come true. The action was INCREDIBLE, it was funny, smart, moved seamlessly, everything you could ever possibly want in a movie. Easily, easily the best comic movie I have ever seen, not even a comparison. I was like a little kid in there for 2 1/2 hours, giddy like a little schoolgirl over how awesome it was seeing my favorite team in action on the bigscreen :cloud9:

One of the best movies I have ever seen without question. The only thing that could possible be more incredible is Avengers 2 after what they showed in the credits :o I literally still have the chills just thinking about how great 2 will be after what they showed. Please, please, PLEASE god let them put the Vision in the sequel and I will be the happiest person on earth :whee:

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING movie!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

+1 Jason. I told you!

+2 Awesome

Whedon is a god to comic book nerds now (worship)

Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises now has some competition for "Best Comic Book Movie of 2012" 2c

He was a god to us when Firefly came out...heck even episodes of Buffy.

I wrote this last nite in another thread, and will reiterate my sentiment. I worked in film for quite awhile, so it's amazing any good films get made. BUT I honestly feel this is one of the greatest super hero movies, and greatest summer "blockbuster" films ever.

EVER.

+1

I'll be interested to see how much money it makes this weekend. I'll be surprised if it doesn't have one of the 2 or 3 biggest opening weekends of any film EVER! I don't think I've ever seen a theatre so crowded. Every single showing was sold out and the lines were out the door. Waiting in line to pick up the tickets I bought, they turned away a minimum of like 75 people trying to buy tickets in the 20 minutes I was there!

Whedon is a god to comic book nerds now (worship)

Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises now has some competition for "Best Comic Book Movie of 2012" 2c

I'm sorry, but TDKR won't even come close, imho.

I've said it before, I'll say it again- remove Heath Ledger from DK, and it is a lackluster film. That movie rode the death of HL like a tidal wave all the way to the Oscar. I salute the man, but the film isn't that special. (And I love Nolan and Batman, so I'm not sure why it's not clicking, but I'm telling you, this third movie will be good, not great, again, imho.)

A bunch of my family saw it last night. In 2D. I thought it was awesome. So did my wife. My two adult sons thought Iron Man I was better. But everyone in the theater liked it immensly, I think.

Seems everyone just loves Iron Man. Now they love the Hulk. But most thought that Captain America was not much help to the Avengers mission. Other than being a cheerleader/gopher kind of guy.

The Hulk/Loki scene was just too much fun. So was the Hulk/Thor "surprise". Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, has just never worked for me. I don't understand the Black Widow being in the Avengers also. Giant Man should be there. Or the vision. But I guess they wanted a hot female for us fan boys. Can't really blame them for that.

I don't see how the Hulk could be well used in his own movies, but with the Avengers he works very well. He stole the show, IMO. Iron Man is the leader of the Avengers. Not Captain America. Hawkeye was surprisingly effective, although he could not possibly carry that many arrows in his quiver. When I get the DVD, I'm going to count them.

Very, very, very good movie. More cigars for Fury. More thee's and thou's from Thor. Maybe an appearance of the Vision. Then BAM! On target. But, it was already a bullseye. So....no complaints really. Just conditionfreakin' awesome.

A bunch of my family saw it last night. In 2D. I thought it was awesome. So did my wife. My two adult sons thought Iron Man I was better. But everyone in the theater liked it immensly, I think.

Seems everyone just loves Iron Man. Now they love the Hulk. But most thought that Captain America was not much help to the Avengers mission. Other than being a cheerleader/gopher kind of guy.

The Hulk/Loki scene was just too much fun. So was the Hulk/Thor "surprise". Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, has just never worked for me. I don't understand the Black Widow being in the Avengers also. Giant Man should be there. Or the vision. But I guess they wanted a hot female for us fan boys. Can't really blame them for that.

I don't see how the Hulk could be well used in his own movies, but with the Avengers he works very well. He stole the show, IMO. Iron Man is the leader of the Avengers. Not Captain America. Hawkeye was surprisingly effective, although he could not possibly carry that many arrows in his quiver. When I get the DVD, I'm going to count them.

Very, very, very good movie. More cigars for Fury. More thee's and thou's from Thor. Maybe an appearance of the Vision. Then BAM! On target. But, it was already a bullseye. So....no complaints really. Just conditionfreakin' awesome.

+1

I still think they can make a good Hulk solo movie but as a supporting character, he was just AWESOME! (worship)

Mow they just need to get Vision and Ms. Marvel in there somehow :wishluck:

Cap was the force that held the team together. I love the scenes at Grand Central where Cap is stratergizing.

Would have loved to know if Sharon Carter from the Cap movie ended up being Tony's mom (or at least, the wife of Howard Stark). Maybe we will find out in the next film or in deleted scenes when the DVD comes out!

+1

I still think they can make a good Hulk solo movie but as a supporting character, he was just AWESOME! (worship)

Mow they just need to get Vision and Ms. Marvel in there somehow :wishluck:

And don't forget Deathcry (kidding)

But Ruffalo and the proper CGI that this Hulk has, could really go places.

OK, I have to go see this movie. Probably next weekend or the following as I don't do crowds. I haven't seen any of the others, though (IM, Thor, Cap). Is that going to be a handicap?

Not so much. There are appropriate refreshers built in to the movie, and if you know the characters already from the comics, you're probably good.

I think Chris Evans (Cap) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) caused more than a few wives to say "Oh, okay, I'll go see this just to be with you," to their fanboy husbands.

I put the Black Widow presence (and Hawkeye) to be about the power balance. Giant-Man would require the next level of realism in the effects department. Maybe next movie? I'd be content if Hank was in the lab working on robotics, too. :)

With Hulk on Demand, (I'm copywriting that) and the new tone of the character, I could easily see Hulk stand alone movies doing well.