• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY SPOON! The Avengers banks $200 Million domestic Box Office

49 posts in this topic

Unless The Dark Knight Rises makes over $200mil in it's opening weekend,The Avengers will be the "Highest Grossing Summer Movie of 2012" :grin:
But, also consider...

If this movie got "front-loaded" into this weekend's box-office and has a 70%+ drop in revenue during next weekend's returns. :eek:

I hate to be a hater, but next week will truly tell where this movie (franchise) is going. :preach:

With the word of mouth this movie is getting, there is no way it drops 70% or more. 50% is more likely which would still be a record breaking $100Mil second weekend.

Didn't The Hunger Game hold the top spot for 3 weeks? This movie should do well. No really big competition on the near horizon.

Next big movie coming out:

MIB 3 may 25

PRomethius June 8 (preview looked awesome) (thumbs u

Amazing Spider-man July 3

What about Battleship? That looks good.

Unless The Dark Knight Rises makes over $200mil in it's opening weekend,The Avengers will be the "Highest Grossing Summer Movie of 2012" :grin:
But, also consider...

If this movie got "front-loaded" into this weekend's box-office and has a 70%+ drop in revenue during next weekend's returns. :eek:

I hate to be a hater, but next week will truly tell where this movie (franchise) is going. :preach:

With the word of mouth this movie is getting, there is no way it drops 70% or more. 50% is more likely which would still be a record breaking $100Mil second weekend.

Didn't The Hunger Game hold the top spot for 3 weeks? This movie should do well. No really big competition on the near horizon.

Next big movie coming out:

MIB 3 may 25

PRomethius June 8 (preview looked awesome) (thumbs u

Amazing Spider-man July 3

You're joking right? Transformers in the water?

I had literally 20 copies of this a few years ago . Gave a bunch away to friends and kids a few years ago. Sits on my desk. Still got like 5 somewhere at my parents house. I did buy a 9.6 for like $10 a few years ago. Always in my top 5 of characters (why i had so many books) and would be thrilled if they did a Nova movie. Always considered Nova as the best less know marvel hero. Now that he is in the new Marvel Spiderman show on Disney HD he will grow in popularity. From that show he is one of my sons favorite characters and I had to find him a Nova action figure which wasnt easy.

Great news!

Hopefully before they plan an Avengers 2 date we get to see Guardians of the Galaxy first

Better stock up on Nova #1 :whee:

I had literally 20 copies of this a few years ago . Gave a bunch away to friends and kids a few years ago. Sits on my desk. Still got like 5 somewhere at my parents house. I did buy a 9.6 for like $10 a few years ago. Always in my top 5 of characters (why i had so many books) and would be thrilled if they did a Nova movie. Always considered Nova as the best less know marvel hero. Now that he is in the new Marvel Spiderman show on Disney HD he will grow in popularity. From that show he is one of my sons favorite characters and I had to find him a Nova action figure which wasnt easy.

Great news!

Hopefully before they plan an Avengers 2 date we get to see Guardians of the Galaxy first

Sold my Nova 1 9.8 for $250 BIN on eBay last week in less than 48 hours....same book failed to sell here several times

I saw The Avengers last night. IMAX 3-D version. I thought it was a mixed bag. On the bad side, I thought some of the storytelling and some of the dialog was cringe inducing. I thought the first 15 minutes was pretty brutal.

On the good side, It picks up a lot after IM shows up. There are also a good amount of laugh out loud moments.

The Hulk punching Thor for no real reason was hysterical and unexpected. The Loki Rag-Doll beat down was another great Hulk moment. The piece after the final credits was also worth the price of admission.

Overall, I thought it was fun and an amazing job of directing in some ways by Whedon. Getting all of those characters to have their own moments could not have been easy, but they did it. I'll be recommending it, but I won't see it a second time until DVD.

Wow thats a great price. I could not give away my Nova #1 's a few years ago and every store had them in the dollar or discount bins. Midtown Comics (NYC) literally had 10 copies for $2 back a few years ago in there back issue boxes/ Guess the $10 for the 9.6 might have been a good investment ( Though I will never sell it).

Great news!

Sold my Nova 1 9.8 for $250 BIN on eBay last week in less than 48 hours....same book failed to sell here several times

It`s already been playing out here in Asia for almost a month now, and the word is NOT good.

of course the film is no good, it has that pickle nose rihanna in it. :facepalm: