• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Rare Primetime Vault Opening: Timely Junk**

120 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

No hurry to get these books out of my vault, but thought if I can find a Timely lover who will give these books a nice home then I'll send them away (thumbs u As most of you know, I rarely sell books, but I have some other things on the horizon, and I can always get these back later. PMs are welcome. Checks, MOs, or cash (in person) are cool. :cool: Shipping is on me (within USA) if you hit the BIN at my list prices. :banana: I am open to trading any book I list towards a blue label AF 15, Action 7, Tec 29/31, or Bat 1 (to name a few).

Posting the :takeit: trumps (as long as you pay :grin: ).

No counter offer will offend me. :foryou:

Thanks,

Ben

First book up:

USA Comics # 8 CGC 2.5

This was the toughest of all USA "Cap" covers for me to acquire. I think it's tougher than the 11, but some will disagree. I have had more opportunities to buy the 11 than an 8. Eye appeal is very nice for the grade. Spine and colors are mid-grade form, but CGC zapped the PQ :( Had the book raw for three years and didn't think they were brittle. Oh well. Buy the book, not the label :cloud9:

The last time I sold my USA 6, 7, 9, and 10 here on the boards they flew outta here at 4-5X guide. A low grade copy (4.0) sold on Heritage for $2,250 range three years ago. Tough book.

Asking SOLD

USA8CGC25FCLabel.jpg

USA8CGC25FC.jpg

USA8CGC25BC.jpg

Marvel Mystery 9 CGC 3.0

If you are a true Timely collector or like battle covers, this is the book for you. I have always loved this classic cover. Eye appeal is more like a 4.0. Colors are extremely deep on this copy. Got this in a trade with a board member four years ago. :headbang:

Asking $9,000

Marvel9CGC30NEW.jpg

Marvel9CGC30NEWBOTTOM.jpg

Marvel9CGC30NEWBC.jpg

:taptaptap:
:hi: Andy
Hey! :hi:
how is it across the pond?
Not too bad. Definitely not enough Timelys over here though, especially rare issues such as that one.
you can change that :baiting:;)
I remember thinking when I wrote that, that I should be putting my money where my mouth is...

:taptaptap:
:hi: Andy
Hey! :hi:
how is it across the pond?
Not too bad. Definitely not enough Timelys over here though, especially rare issues such as that one.
you can change that :baiting:;)
I remember thinking when I wrote that, that I should be putting my money where my mouth is...
:popcorn::grin:

Another book featuring the guy with the round..er...I mean triangular shield in this one ;)

Cap # 1 CGC 3.0

I got this copy from a dude named GAtor :insane: Blue label Cap 1s are nowhere to be found lately. This copy has colors that are the best I've seen on any Cap 1! Eye appeal is certainly 4.0. Some color touch was scraped off by Matt Nelson in a few areas along spine and along FC edge (you can see some paper loss). Clean and bright copy for the grade.

Asking SOLD

cap1cgc30-1.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANnolabelFCDEC10.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANBCDEC10.jpg

Another book featuring the guy with the round..er...I mean triangular shield in this one ;)

Cap # 1 CGC 3.0

I got this copy from a dude named GAtor :insane: Blue label Cap 1s are nowhere to be found lately. This copy has colors that are the best I've seen on any Cap 1! Eye appeal is certainly 4.0. Some color touch was scraped off by Matt Nelson in a few areas along spine and along FC edge (you can see some paper loss). Clean and bright copy for the grade.

Asking $30,000

cap1cgc30-1.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANnolabelFCDEC10.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANBCDEC10.jpg

My Grail and unless I'm fortunate to find a copy or win money may never own one! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Hey Ben, I'm tempted, oh so tempted.

It was sure great to see you at the theatre yesterday for The Avengers. Always great to see an 'ole friend and catch up. When I told my wife that I ran into my comic buddy at the Avengers movie, she replied, "Who else do you think you're going to see there besides a fellow comic geek!" :grin:

holy $hitballs - Golden Age Grail!!!!

Awesome looking book, Ben - can't imagine what grade it would pull without that color touch that had to be stripped!!

Let's talk trades if noone snatches this bad boy up!!