• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New cover recreation. Chamber of Chills 23 FINISHED!!!

18 posts in this topic

Here's my newest one. Chamber of Chills 23. This one has been quite an experience so far but fun as hell to do. Getting all those colors right and figuring what to use to get them llike that was pretty fun.

Here's the picture after inking was finished.

IMG_20120506_111834.jpg

And here's the color. Its still not done yet though. I still have to do the girls hair and the shading on the face. The cover has all tthe ttiny dots for the shading thoughso I'm going tto see if i can make it look good without all the dots (I forget what that technique is called.)

IMG_7440.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Extremely impressive. :applause: That's a cool talent you have, must've been painstaking to recreate that detail so closely.

Thank you everyone. Right now this is how im making my living. It doesn't pay much but at least its something i love doing. And it helps feed my comic book addiction too. :)

I use Derwent sketch pencils, usually HB, H or 2H. Sharpie fine point marker for lining, and prismacolor markers for color. I have a few copics, but those are damn expensive.

Thank you everyone. Right now this is how im making my living. It doesn't pay much but at least its something i love doing. And it helps feed my comic book addiction too. :)

I use Derwent sketch pencils, usually HB, H or 2H. Sharpie fine point marker for lining, and prismacolor markers for color. I have a few copics, but those are damn expensive.

Do you have a site that shows all of the ones you've done?

IMG_7440.jpg

:o

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

+1 (worship)

I cant wait to see my Avengers 57 :cloud9:

I spent like 10 hours cleaning out my den/comic room yesterday and have a spot all cleared for it!

IMG_7440.jpg

:o

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

+1 (worship)

I cant wait to see my Avengers 57 :cloud9:

I spent like 10 hours cleaning out my den/comic room yesterday and have a spot all cleared for it!

Sweet! I feel honored to have my artwork hanging in someone else's comic room.

Very nice. Is this free hand or lightboxed?

They're about 3/4 free hand. I don't use a light box. Its another technique I came up with myself. I print the cover out backwards and use tracing paper to trace the general outline so i can get the positioning as accurate as possible. I do the same for text (I hate trying to freehand text). I then take the backwards outline and place it on the paper I'm going to do the actual piece on and rub with a rounded pen cap to transfer the outline. After that I sketch out the rest of the details and then use a fine point pen to ink it and then go to town with the coloring.