• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You always remember your first...

41 posts in this topic

Ok, so what was the very first comic you guys remember reading? (And I do mean READING not just OWNING smile.gif ). If I remember correctly, my first was the death of superman. I'd never read comics before that and had no real interest in them, but when I heard that superman was going to die, I really wanted to find out how 27_laughing.gif

Anyhow, what was your first?

Vince

I was collecting comic books for years but it was not until I was in my mid twenties before I decided to actually read a comic book. It was an Airboy #1 (The Eclipse series). Good book but I normally collect comics for the covers so I don’t recollect reading one since then. confused-smiley-013.gif

First english language book I read was wolverine limited #2... it would have been a lot cheaper if the first one had been an issue of peter the pest or something crazy.gif

...before that, I read Italian language ducks.

Ok, so what was the very first comic you guys remember reading? (And I do mean READING not just OWNING smile.gif ). If I remember correctly, my first was the death of superman. I'd never read comics before that and had no real interest in them, but when I heard that superman was going to die, I really wanted to find out how 27_laughing.gif

Anyhow, what was your first?

Vince

yeah I was in that same time frame...it was either the death of superman stuff..which it probably wasnt it is was so "collectible", but more likely Bloodshot #1 whihc came out the same day..Yes lets say Bloodshot 1 since it had someone getting their brains blowed out on the very first page. What a great first page.

Batman #316. The villain is Crazy-Quilt, an obscure recurring Golden Age character who hates Robin more than he hates Batman. I was hooked.

I've since made it a point to collect all of Crazy-Quilt's cover appearances, going back to the old Boy Commandos series.

Lucky Luke, Greek Comic book:p but here in the States I started reading Captain America, the first was #110 with the Hulk cover.

Gawd...I can't even seem to remember what I had for supper yesterday... crazy.gif

Anyway...I believe my first comic that I read was either a TTA with the Hulk, A Star Spangled War Stories with a dinosaur story, or a Doctor Solar... insane.gif

the first documented book that i owned was detective #233 with the first appearance of Batwoman.

but, i'm pretty certain that i can remember reading many Atlas westerns (kid colt outlaw, the outlaw kid, etc) before that in the early fifties. i can also remember reading Plastic Man back then, as well.........

i also bought Showcase #4 back in the summer of 1956, but don't have any of these books anymore. frown.gif