• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mostly Pedigree Sale: CGC-Certified Atlas Pre-Code Horror

97 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]CGC-CERTIFIED ATLAS PRE-CODE HORROR:

From the Aurora, Big Apple, Díck Ayers, Edgar Church, Nova

Scotia, River City, Spokane, White Mountain, and Circle 8 Collections[/font]

Hi, all. Thanks for stopping by! :headbang:

This week and next, by popular demand, I’ll be offering a nice selection of CGC-certified Atlas pre-code horror and post-code fantasy from my personal collection – including dozens of truly one-of-a-kind copies from the Aurora, Big Apple, Edgar Church (Mile High), Nova Scotia, River City, Spokane, White Mountain, and Circle 8 pedigrees (as well as several sweet books from Díck Ayers’ personal file and a local original owner find). Most of these books were acquired directly from the dealer who brought that particular collection to market.

All books will be shipped via fully-insured USPS Priority Mail with delivery or signature confirmation. The exact cost of shipping will be added to your order. Bullet-proof packaging guaranteed! Payment may be by PayPal, Cashier’s Check, business/personal check (if we’ve done business in the past), or USPS Money Order. Payment must be received within seven calendar days of being invoiced (unless other arrangements have been agreed to via PM). Items will ship within three business days of your payment. International buyers are welcomed. Miscreants, wankers, and folks currently on probation are not.

Post the :takeit: within the selling thread to claim your prize. Now, kick back and enjoy the show! :banana::banana:

Amazing Detective Cases #12 (May 1952, Aurora Pedigree). CGC Grade = 7.5 cr-ow. Census Rank = #4. Price = $420.

Purchased from Executive Collectibles Gallery during their auction-based initial release of the Aurora Collection in 1996.

AmDet12-75-AU.jpg th_AmDet12-75-AUb.jpg

Amazing Mysteries #33 (Jul 1949, Edgar Church Pedigree). CGC Grade = 6.5 ow-wh. Census Rank = #3. Price = $780.

Aside from two Venus (#1 in CGC Apparent 8.0 white and #10 in CGC 9.0 ow-wh) and a single Journey Into Unknown Worlds (#5 in CGC 6.0 white), no CGC-certified Atlas pre-code horror from this amazing pedigree has ever sold through Heritage. This is totally understandable, since I purchased the bulk of Edgar Church’s Atlas horror directly from Chuck Rozanski in early 1978.

AmMys33-65-MH.jpg th_AmMys33-65-MHb.jpg

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #36(#1) (Sep 1950). CGC Grade = 6.0 cr-ow. OPG = $795. Price = $580. :o:o:o

I purchased this book from the original owner way back in the early 1970s. Super clean, with relatively little corner and edge wear.

JIUW01-60.jpg th_JIUW01-60b.jpg

Never collected pre-code horror but always been a big fan of the Artwork, in fact just talking last night to my other half about pre-code horror art being used as gallery pieces. Anyway I wish I had the money to buy one of those sweet books your listing GLWTS and I'll go count the penny jar again. Do you take shillings?

Amazing Mysteries #33 (Jul 1949, Edgar Church Pedigree). CGC Grade = 6.5 ow-wh. Census Rank = #3. Price = $780.

Aside from two Venus (#1 in CGC Apparent 8.0 white and #10 in CGC 9.0 ow-wh) and a single Journey Into Unknown Worlds (#5 in CGC 6.0 white), no CGC-certified Atlas pre-code horror from this amazing pedigree has ever sold through Heritage. This is totally understandable, since I purchased the bulk of Edgar Church’s Atlas horror directly from Chuck Rozanski in early 1978.

AmMys33-65-MH.jpg th_AmMys33-65-MHb.jpg

This is GONNA ROCK Jay :hi:

:banana::headbang::applause::banana::headbang::applause:

Exactly what I will do since I won't be able to afford any :cry:

Hang in there, Michaël -- all is not lost. My next Board-only sale will feature scores of low- to mid-grade raw Atlas of nearly every genre at very Scrooge-friendly prices! :foryou: