• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eaglemoss stopping production?

51 posts in this topic

I've read on a few boards that Eaglemoss is shutting down production and ending their comic figurines. I can't find an official announcement anywhere, though.

Just curious if anyone knows if this is official or not. :cry:

Dude, they're phenomenal. Hand painted and excellent scupts.

The prices on them range from $10 to $50 from the factory.

Some of them are out of production and command a pretty penny on eBay.

I've been picking one up here and one there. I love them.

eaglemoss_alan_scott1.jpgeaglemoss-2-batmobile-1966.jpg3457846162_06d7dc7492_z.jpgeaglemoss-avengersupdate4.jpgeaglemoss-avengersupdate3.jpg

The poisonous lead figures.

You could probably be poisoned if you put one in your mouth and suck on it for a few hours every day for a few years.

:makepoint:

I can understand in the late 70's and early 80's, lines of Model Trem figures or even the Voltron line of diecasts (one of which I posted in the toy thread) - even then, the companies had enough sense to voluntarily pull those toys from the shelves, making a few very scarce.

But I cannot understand why anyone in this day and age would intentionally produce lead figurines? :facepalm:

The poisonous lead figures.

You could probably be poisoned if you put one in your mouth and suck on it for a few hours every day for a few years.

:makepoint:

No, been there done that....the colors just fade a bit.

I love them as well, have about 30 of them and always looking for more :cloud9:

I can understand in the late 70's and early 80's, lines of Model Trem figures or even the Voltron line of diecasts (one of which I posted in the toy thread) - even then, the companies had enough sense to voluntarily pull those toys from the shelves, making a few very scarce.

But I cannot understand why anyone in this day and age would intentionally produce lead figurines? :facepalm:

Because they're not playing toys. They're shelf toys.

If you get naked and rub them all over your body there might be cause for concern.

Them sitting on the shelf of your bookcase, not so much.

If you get naked and rub them all over your body there might be cause for concern.

Again...no, not really.

Maybe that's the defense the lead industry and manufacturers using it should have gone with when it was banned nationwide.

The Model Trem actually are made of lead. For those who have never handled lead before, it is one of the heaviest forms of metal. I remember struggling to pick up a solid lead cube about the size of a 7 gallon planter which was being used as a door stopper in a military base. The Voltron and a few other lines of Matchbox diecasts made around the early 80's were an example of a line using lead paint.

They even do larger figures such as these...

5710568750_bae03b0652.jpg

2383458353_a3ff18c953.jpg

3193775168_ca895688a8_z.jpg

The Fin Fang Foom is badass. :headbang:

+1...do you own that bad boy?

Yes. I have a FFF. He's the bees knees. :luhv:

I've read on a few boards that Eaglemoss is shutting down production and ending their comic figurines. I can't find an official announcement anywhere, though.

Just curious if anyone knows if this is official or not. :cry:

It seems official. Ends at #200.

http://marvel-figurines.blogspot.com/2012/05/announcement-from-team.html

They even do larger figures such as these...

5710568750_bae03b0652.jpg

2383458353_a3ff18c953.jpg

3193775168_ca895688a8_z.jpg

The Fin Fang Foom is badass. :headbang:

+1...do you own that bad boy?

Yes. I have a FFF. He's the bees knees. :luhv:

Awesome. Some of the figures I've seen ( Tigra ) aren't that great, but when they get it right, it's a homerun like that FFF.

Oh man !!!

My son is gonna be PI S SED!!! He LOVES those! I've bought him like 20 and he makes me drive him to all 3 LCS in the area every weekend to check for new ones he hasnt seen but wants. he's gonna lose it if those things disappear :o

The FFF is sweet Dice but personally, i LOVE the Thanos and Sentinel the most. I've been dying to find a Vision but no luck. Your Ms. Marvel is freaking awesome also, havent seen that at any of my stores :sorry:

I have a MAJOR crush on Carol Danvers :cloud9: