• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2 CGC 9.2 sells for $77,000

56 posts in this topic

It's a real sale. I know the consignor and buyer

Are they one and the same? lol

Dubious at best considering the source

if you can't say something nice about someone...................

Then complain about them on the interwebs! :P

That is a beautiful book. Considering the price on the BW Action 2, that seems like a good price.

I don't think its too bad a price either. I mean that's one honey of a book. Sure its a #2 but tough to imagine a copy any/much better.

Look at it this way, IIRC more than one Captain America #2 has sold for more. To me the Supes 2 is the better book.

Then complain about them on the interwebs! :P

Unfortunately, what Bill said was about the nicest thing you can say :sorry:

That is a beautiful book. Considering the price on the BW Action 2, that seems like a good price.

I don't think its too bad a price either. I mean that's one honey of a book. Sure its a #2 but tough to imagine a copy any/much better.

Look at it this way, IIRC more than one Captain America #2 has sold for more. To me the Supes 2 is the better book.

if i came into possession of the supe 2, i'd get the ultimate excedrin headache, trying to figure out what i could as quickly as possible trade it for.

if i came into possession of the supe 2, i'd get the ultimate excedrin headache, trying to figure out what i could as quickly as possible trade it for.

Apparently, you could trade for $77,000 -- cash! ;) What a terrific book. :)

Come sit by me.

-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Looks like the OTHER 9.2 up at Comic Connect now

Incredible that there are two copies this ridiculous in the world.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=521064&title=SUPERMAN

Wow ! :o

My guess is it won't finish that far off the first sale.

Always thought Sup 2 was kinda held back by the nondescript cover. hm

Maybe a bit? But I don't think it's a particularly bad cover for #2. If, for example, #2 switched covers with #1, I'd say "whoa, #2 is a much better cover, they got it right on that one" and would bemoan that #1 was held back by its cover. IMO. :)