• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever Been In A LCS and Then....

93 posts in this topic

The price goes up on some books you took up to the front counter?

This has happened to me twice at two different shops in the last month. I'll just give you today's example:

I went long box diving and pulled some Thanos related books that were kind of cooled off prior to the Avengers movie, but now are getting hot online, so anyway earlier today I pulled some books and then took them to the register and the price went up by a dollar per book. Shop owner said he had forgotten they were in the boxes, which a dollar per was okay and still in line with what I wanted to pay, but it seemed almost like a bad business move considering I also had a stack of about $50 worth of new titles I had just pulled off the racks.

I still took them but it seemed a little bit....hmm...off?

I am never shopping there again!! :sumo:

lol

Anyone see where i left my pitchfork??? hm

I know, i know, i'm a big fat hypocrite! meh , but THAT would definitely me off bigtime! Like you, i'd be weak and probably still buy them but i wouldn't happy about it :censored:

This has happened to me twice at two different shops in the last month. I'll just give you today's example:

I went long box diving and pulled some Thanos related books that were kind of cooled off prior to the Avengers movie, but now are getting hot online, so anyway earlier today I pulled some books and then took them to the register and the price went up by a dollar per book. Shop owner said he had forgotten they were in the boxes, which a dollar per was okay and still in line with what I wanted to pay, but it seemed almost like a bad business move considering I also had a stack of about $50 worth of new titles I had just pulled off the racks.

Crack dealers will do the same thing to you. Just like comic dealers, they know the odds are slim that the addicts will put down the pipe and walk away.

At least it is not a store that has no prices & cracks open the guide every time you want to buy back issues

But yes that is a low thing to do if prices are already on the book

Crack dealers will do the same thing to you. Just like comic dealers, they know the odds are slim that the addicts will put down the pipe and walk away.

Crack :cloud9:

It's happened to me a couple of time at the same store. I like shopping local, but that was too much. I don't shop there any more. The worst thing was that they were looking prices up on eBay while I was right there! The sad part is that I spent a lot of money there and they didn't seem to recognize that fact and lost a lot of business for a few bucks worth of profit.

At least it is not a store that has no prices & cracks open the guide every time you want to buy back issues

There's a shop here like that too. Shop owner actually quoted me a price of minus paypal fees/minus ebay fees/minus his time to go to the post office on some books once. I guess I get it if you're not a customer with a pull list then why should they let you flip and make the online buck. But it's still like "But I'm standing INSIDE your store", which means I A. took my time to drive over here and B. I'm here willing to spend money now. If you want an online business, close your doors yeah?

I've never had that happen to me, but it would make me mad if it did happen. It seems like a poor business practice to me. Prices should be as marked. If the business owner wants more for the books then he should be pulling the books and changing the prices *before* someone tries to buy them. If he forgets then tough mess.

You can steal my new move - I created it at a show earlier this year where books had no prices and a guy quoted me "eBay prices".

What I do is drop the book like a hot potato and allow it to hit the floor then step over said book and walk away, thus causing the dealer to have to come from behind his table and pick up the possibly damaged book.

I think it may be illegal in some states to change prices at the register for specific items if it can be proven that the store does not do that with every book.

There's a shop here like that too. Shop owner actually quoted me a price of minus paypal fees/minus ebay fees/minus his time to go to the post office on some books once. I guess I get it if you're not a customer with a pull list then why should they let you flip and make the online buck. But it's still like "But I'm standing INSIDE your store", which means I A. took my time to drive over here and B. I'm here willing to spend money now. If you want an online business, close your doors yeah?

I know which store your talking about, its annoying

You can steal my new move - I created it at a show earlier this year where books had no prices and a guy quoted me "eBay prices".

What I do is drop the book like a hot potato and allow it to hit the floor then step over said book and walk away, thus causing the dealer to have to come from behind his table and pick up the possibly damaged book.

I think it may be illegal in some states to change prices at the register for specific items if it can be proven that the store does not do that with every book.

great move, you should just kung fu grip the spine instead of drop it. thats what i do. worst case scenario, they try to make you buy it. but why would you want a book with a jacked up spine?

Did you explain this pov to the owner?

No, but if I wanted to pay ebay prices on items, I would stay at home and shop on ebay instead of standing in their store. That's all I'm saying.

I know which store your talking about, its annoying

:baiting: Which ones?

Uncool :(

Your 'move', where you damage someone else's property, is illegal in 50 states.