• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - another Avengers 1!

29 posts in this topic

What are you looking to get out of it? The chips on the front cover edge hurt it and the creasing on the back (but hey, I'm just an enthusiastic amatuer). I just think a 4.5 or higher would be a stretch. What were you thinking (grade). - Ryan

PS: It is a *hot* book now though.

Well it's for sale but I am a believer it's higher than a 4.0 especially after a press. But I do take the opinions I get here to heart

I'd say with a press, that's a 4.0-4.5. Even with a press though, I think 4.5 is the max I'd be comfortable calling it (shrug)

I know its my book but I've seen books with worse spInes and more chipping grade well higher

Plus, I do think the people here err on the tight side of grading. Best example is a marvel spotlight 5 which I posted here. There were 20 grade estimates most around 7.0......book graded 8.5 and without any real pressable defects to clean up!!

I'm looking for $1750 net but would be willing to discuss a flexible arrangement (where buyer sends to Joey to Press and submit)

- if it gets under 4.5 i refund some agreed amount

- nothing happens if it gets a 4.5

- it it gets 5.0+ I get a bonus payment

People who know me know I'll turn anything into a gamble!!!

I know its my book but I've seen books with worse spInes and more chipping grade well higher

Plus, I do think the people here err on the tight side of grading. Best example is a marvel spotlight 5 which I posted here. There were 20 grade estimates most around 7.0......book graded 8.5 and without any real pressable defects to clean up!!

I'm looking for $1750 net but would be willing to discuss a flexible arrangement (where buyer sends to Joey to Press and submit)

- if it gets under 4.5 i refund some agreed amount

- nothing happens if it gets a 4.5

- it it gets 5.0+ I get a bonus payment

People who know me know I'll turn anything into a gamble!!!

Nice book... too rich for my poor blood. (maybe ... someday). :facepalm: Will make someone a happy collector! I agree with you on the "erring of tight side of grading." Better to be tight and surprised that high and disappointed.

we estimate grades based on what we can see in front of us...at least I do. On low to mid grade books, it is very difficult to guesstimate grade bumps without the book in hands.

we estimate grades based on what we can see in front of us...at least I do. On low to mid grade books, it is very difficult to guesstimate grade bumps without the book in hands.

+1

Maybe that book could go a little higher than we are "guesstimating" but with the chipping, color breaking creases and CB spine ticks, i cant see any possible way that could go over 5.5 no matter how many times it's pressed. I'd say 5.0 at absolute max imo and probably a 4.5 (shrug)

I wouldnt be surprised with a 4.5 after a press, 5.0 is probably pushing it though unless the 2 graders had a WILD night before with a couple 20 year old strippers lol

Looks like a 4.0 at best to me. Still lovely book!!

+1

(thumbs u

:popcorn: