• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Fantastic Four #12

25 posts in this topic

I was told I may to need to get this pressed in order for CGC to grade it. Please grade before pressing and after if you feel like it. I'm having it pressed & graded at the Wizard Philly Con at the end of the month. Thanx

PS The sticker on the back picture is on the bag not cover.

FantasticFour122025600.jpg

FantasticFour1220256002.jpg

FantasticFour122025600-1.jpg

That's a tough one for me!

The spine is ALL kinds of trouble even if you press it and the back cover has all kinds of problems also. I'm thinking 3.0ish even witha press (shrug)

That's a tough one for me!The spine is ALL kinds of trouble even if you press it and the back cover has all kinds of problems also. I'm thinking 3.0ish even witha press (shrug)

+ 1 I think the spine roll could be fixed by a press but you would still be at 3.0 Max. I am thinking 2.0 without.

That's a tough one for me!The spine is ALL kinds of trouble even if you press it and the back cover has all kinds of problems also. I'm thinking 3.0ish even witha press (shrug)

+ 1 I think the spine roll could be fixed by a press but you would still be at 3.0 Max. I am thinking 2.0 without.

You guys missing the huge tear across the entire back cover or wasn't a bc scan there when you posted? I'm thinking 1.8.

I find it hard to call a comic good (2.0) with such a mega defect.

You guys missing the huge tear across the entire back cover or wasn't a bc scan there when you posted? I'm thinking 1.8.

Its not a tear its a fold. it will press out.

Anything that breaks color or paper will not press out, period. You may straighten the back cover out and get it lined up, but lines from the crease will still be there.

But will still leave colour loss.

2.5 with a good press.

1.8 without.

Why slab it?

oopsie Then perhaps 2.0 :whistle:

It might be worth pressing out the spine roll for appearances sake, as that's a pretty inexpensive process, but I'm not even sure of that, as the holes would still be there on the back. If ebay is any indication, you may well get less money for it slabbed than raw, even if accurately graded. Unless you want to have it graded for your own edification, I wouldn't bother. 30 day ebay prices seem to indicate a FMV range of $225-$325 for this book in the 2.0 +/- range without much regard to listed grade, raw or slabbed.

Without the spine roll pressed out , 1.8 , with it pressed out, 2.0, maybe 2.5.

I’m with rjpb on this one.

It‘s a G-, may become a G+ but it’s really too worn out to improve into a GVG.

And I haven’t figured out properly what "pressing" is yet… lol

(I have bought a "pressed" book so I see the advantages but I’m not sure it’s always a good thing, I have the impression some books will become more "delicate" after being pressed).

But will still leave colour loss.

2.5 with a good press.

1.8 without.

Why slab it?

I like all my older books slabbed & graded.