• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long time lurker...

28 posts in this topic

...first time poster... just wanted to say hi to everyone and give thanks for the ongoing education! I'm posting this in the GA thread instead of General because I plan on spending most of my time here (even though most of my collection is Copper to Modern -- that part is in the midst of shrinking).

I'm a slab-cracking completist who doesn't anticipate playing in the upper echelon, probably in the 5.0 to 8.0 range for GA.

Special shout out to Skybolt, whose enthusiasm for the finer couple things in life has sparked my latest interest!

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

I'm posting this in the GA thread instead of General
:gossip: Wise move

...first time poster... just wanted to say hi to everyone and give thanks for the ongoing education! I'm posting this in the GA thread instead of General because I plan on spending most of my time here (even though most of my collection is Copper to Modern -- that part is in the midst of shrinking).

I'm a slab-cracking completist who doesn't anticipate playing in the upper echelon, probably in the 5.0 to 8.0 range for GA.

Special shout out to Skybolt, whose enthusiasm for the finer couple things in life has sparked my latest interest!

Welcome to the GA forums....glad to have you aboard! (thumbs u

G'day!

What are you eyeing GA-wise? Lots of good stuff out there and something for every budget. (Thankfully)

Mainly Zoot and Rulah right now. I've gotten 6 of them so far.

Welcome also a first timer to the boards but old enough to know your move is a wise one!

Welcome fellow newbie!

Thanks for the welcome,I collect some of the same comics you do have a few Rulah's mostly classic covers a couple Jo Jo's good luck with your adventure .Let the fun being!

You guys have gotten me interested in GA. I have been learning a lot and expanding my horizons from reading these forums. Thank you!

So, do a lot of collectors buy slabbed books for the grade and then crack them open? If so, I did not know that, nor did I ever considered it...

You guys have gotten me interested in GA. I have been learning a lot and expanding my horizons from reading these forums. Thank you!

So, do a lot of collectors buy slabbed books for the grade and then crack them open? If so, I did not know that, nor did I ever considered it...

It all depends. For instance, I primarily collect GA books for their beautiful covers. Therefore, 95% of my GA collection remains slabbed.