• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prophet 21 and forward

106 posts in this topic

I am. I have no idea what's going on, but also can't stop reading it. Strangely compelling. Definitely a European/HEAVY METAL vibe.

I like the series enough to want a piece of OA. Here's the page I got:

8526.jpg

That's a great page, Felix.

By far my favorite monthly title. Reminds me of my misspent adolescence, spending hours poring over old Heavy Metal magazines. Love love LOVE this book.

The 2 things I love about the writing:

1-the constant references to different species, technology and stuff, all just dropped without any context or explanation.

2- the way the Prophet closes are always, always eating- and everything is fair game when it comes to eating!

Awesome, awesome DPS.

Got to meet Simon Roy at ECCC. Very nice guy. Even he admits he has no idea what this is all about, lol! But is loving the challenge. Look forward to more craziness.

The overall plot is pretty simple; The evil Earth empire took over the universe, then Prophet and friends overthrew them. Millennia later, the earth empire is back with a virtual army of John Prophet clones that they are recalling from the far corners of the galaxy. The original John Prophet gets woken from stasis sleep, and is running around getting all his friends back together to stop them.

What might make it confusing is that none of that is really spelled out explicitly. Plus there's a ton of throwaway references to each world's technology and species just to add flavor.