• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prophet 21 and forward

106 posts in this topic

I haven't looked at this thread in four months (never come into the Modern section) and was pleasantly surprised to see a Prophet thread, and then laughed to see I started it.

Since then, this is still my favorite monthly, and have since read King City not once but twice. (A great read)

Brandon Graham is my current favorite working writer/artist.

Congrats on the OA, guys, and thanks for the links.

The overall plot is pretty simple; The evil Earth empire took over the universe, then Prophet and friends overthrew them. Millennia later, the earth empire is back with a virtual army of John Prophet clones that they are recalling from the far corners of the galaxy. The original John Prophet gets woken from stasis sleep, and is running around getting all his friends back together to stop them.

What might make it confusing is that none of that is really spelled out explicitly. Plus there's a ton of throwaway references to each world's technology and species just to add flavor.

(worship)

You just explained the unexplainable. (Although I kind of liked having no idea of what was happening.)

OA for the #22 cover (terrible pic...piece isn't so fuzzy or dark in person):

PROPHET22cover.jpg

(worship)

You just explained the unexplainable. (Although I kind of liked having no idea of what was happening.)

OA for the #22 cover (terrible pic...piece isn't so fuzzy or dark in person):

PROPHET22cover.jpg

Brilliant! I'm a bit jealous.

about time Prophet got some love.....Prophet 21 2nd printing is pretty rare...individual issues of Prophet 21 don't seem to be doing as well as lots.

Ive seen a few Prophet 22 2nd prints around. hm

I'm finally up-to-date on this book. It's absolutely fantastic.

The last two issues were great. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

I get the impression that it's not as well received. I'm curious, how are the print runs for the recent stuff?

Pat

I can get prophet #21 2nd print pretty easily as those guys a local...turns out that they where going to use that cover for #22 but they didn't like it as much so they used it for a reprint...

I have a copy for sale, and while it has brandon graham's little sketch on it, and signed X2, it still didn't sell...I think the interest in the book on my ebay account is just the signatures and the doodle...I'd probably get the same interest on a cocktail napkin with the same....

I think people are still discovering this title...