• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prophet 21 and forward

106 posts in this topic

That's too bad. For a series that's gotten such good reviews, I'm really surprised how small the print run has been, and how tepid the public reception has been. Oh well. In the meantime, I just added a 3x SS of number 21 to my collection (pic is on page 6 of this thread, to lazy to add picture myself), so if other's ambivalence let's me get these books cheap, I can't complain.

That's too bad. For a series that's gotten such good reviews, I'm really surprised how small the print run has been, and how tepid the public reception has been. Oh well. In the meantime, I just added a 3x SS of number 21 to my collection (pic is on page 6 of this thread, to lazy to add picture myself), so if other's ambivalence let's me get these books cheap, I can't complain.

Glad you like it ;)

Several of the Comiconart artists will be attending Emerald City Comicon in Seattle at the end of this month, and so we have a unique opportunity to line up CGC SS sketches for several of our artists at the same time! All books will be completed and submitted to CGC by the end of the con, so the turnaround time will be rather quick as well.

The artists available for this event are Johnnie Christmas (Sheltered), Brian Hurtt (Sixth Gun, The Damned), Tyler Jenkins (Peter Panzerfaust), Simon Roy (Prophet, The Field), Mico Suayan (regular cover artist for several Valiant books, and also on DC's Injustice), and Roc Upchurch (Rat Queens).

Each artist is offering FIVE slots for this special ECCC sketch event, and since books will be shipped to all customers once they come back from CGC, you do *NOT* have to be in attendance at the con to take advantage of this opportunity!

More details HERE!

In case anyone is interested, Simon is offering one full-size cover quality commission to be completed by the end of ECCC. You do *NOT* need to be in attendance in order to bid on this auction! We can ship the art to the winning bidder once we return from Seattle. The listing is HERE.

Simon also has a few spots left for CGC SS sketch covers, and you can find all of that info HERE.

Thanks for looking!

picked up the first TPB. I have to say I am enjoying this. Looks like i'm a little late to the party though since there are only 2 issues left :cry:

:cry: indeed.

On the bright side, Graham's upcoming 8House series of miniseries sound like it will be really interesting.

picked up the first TPB. I have to say I am enjoying this. Looks like i'm a little late to the party though since there are only 2 issues left :cry:

Enjoy it brother. The book is phenomenal.

I'm not one to re-read a series. But I definitely will when it's over. There is so much that can be missed.

Very disappointed that it's ending.

Even more disappointed in Denver Comic Con for not inviting them back this year (or at least one).

Patrick

This week....Prophet Vol 3 #45

FINAL ISSUE OF PROPHET! The War in Space reaches its climax, but the story will continue...

hm

I REALLY hope that it continues. Wonder what that really means.

I'm pretty sure Graham told us that it was done-zo.

Patrick

Last issue of this series was so-so. Not my favorite in the series. But they continue to build this to crazy heights. Hopefully it goes out with a bang.

I didn't care for the Glory thing too much. It felt repetitive from other characters in the past.

Patrick

Wanted to bump this thread because a. it's awesome, but b. because if you recently picked up Vol. 2 you may notice that it contains 27-31 & 33.

The reason for this is, according to Brandon Graham, because "Issue #32 is the Simon Roy Solo issue that brings back his New Father Prophet and starts off a new storyline. I thought it would work better as the start of Vol3."

Source: Royal Boiler - Brandon Graham Official Blog

I read the first 10 to 15 issues a while ago and will most likely read the whole run in the trade order. This book rules.