• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Top Silver Age Pedigrees

214 posts in this topic

Hey all --

Interesting conversation here...I love discussions of pedigree history. My caveat here is that I know a lot more about the Marvels than the DCs.

My own experience with pedigrees "in bulk" is tiny; I've never seen a full pedigree run in all its glory before it was broken up. Based on my experience with scans, websites, the Boards, and my own collection, however, I would also put these three on top in some order:

Curator

Pacific Coast

White Mountain

followed by

Mass

Northland

Twin Cities

and then

Winnipeg

W. Penn

Boston

Rocky Mountain

To be honest, though, I can see only minute differences among many of these collections; obviously, how many there are and how far back they stretch are key components of judging them. That said, I've seen books from every one of these collections (not to mention Green River, Suscha News, and others) that I thought looked spectacular.

Buy the book, not the pedigree? :whistle:lol

Dan

ps I'll be starting a new "sufunk style" thread soon on my new ambition to put together an FF 1-whatever run with ALL pedigree copies. A real challenge...

Bethlehem.

I bought this Bethlehem ST from Marnin around that time:

ST151Beth.jpg

I think you might be right! (worship)

Now that you say that, it rings a bell and sounds familiar hm

ps I'll be starting a new "sufunk style" thread soon on my new ambition to put together an FF 1-whatever run with ALL pedigree copies. A real challenge...

You're gonna be missing #47 there buddy! :baiting:

lol

ps I'll be starting a new "sufunk style" thread soon on my new ambition to put together an FF 1-whatever run with ALL pedigree copies.

(worship)

ps I'll be starting a new "sufunk style" thread soon on my new ambition to put together an FF 1-whatever run with ALL pedigree copies.

(worship)

"sufunk style" ........ :cloud9::acclaim::whistle:

I cant even imagine doing a FF Pedigree run. Doing the Avengers has been HARD not to mention EXPENSIVE! I dont even wanna think what a FF run would cost :o

Avengers aren't even close to FF in price for 99% of the issues. If someone has or puts together a FF 1 thru say 100, i would definitely be very, VERY impressed! (worship)

I gotta disagree. For purely SA, my list would be:

1) Curator

2)White Mountain

3)Green River

4)Suscha News

5)Western Penn

6) Rocky Mountain

7) Twin Cities

8)Pacific Coast(i must have the worst of all PC's because they just dont blow me away???)

9) Boston

10)Massachusetts

That's preposterously low for PC

I gotta disagree. For purely SA, my list would be:

1) Curator

2)White Mountain

3)Green River

4)Suscha News

5)Western Penn

6) Rocky Mountain

7) Twin Cities

8)Pacific Coast(i must have the worst of all PC's because they just dont blow me away???)

9) Boston

10)Massachusetts

That's preposterously low for PC

Hey, i've said a bunch of times that i'm only basing that on the PC's that i have (shrug)

Again, clearly its a VERY nice Ped that most people love. I've got the PC Avengers 51, 65 and 81 (and now 72 but i dont have that in hand yet) and those issues just arent very nice and definitely aren't bright and glossy like almost every other Pedigree issue that i have. Apparently, i have the bottom of the barrel PC's ???

I'm not trying to say PC isnt an awesome Pedigree just that for MY Pedigrees, it doesnt rank very high. The TOS 72 PC copy i have is pretty nice but even that one isn't very bright and glossy. Hopefully, i can snag a couple of Dougs PC Avengers in the HA auction that are as nice as all you guys say PC's are. Trust me i'll be the 1st one to come here and sing their praises! (thumbs u

1a. Curator

1b. White Mountain

3. Pacific Coast

4. Massachusetts

5. Twin Cities

6. Northland

7. Western Penn

8. Boston

9. Rocky Mountain

With the exception of Boston I've got one of each of these in my DD run right now. The surprise of the bunch were the TC books. I really like the copies I have and wish i'd been a little more aggressive in pursuing them.

I feel like WP is low on your list, but I don't know how high I'd put it. I've got like 10 of them now, they're super nice books and what I know of the breadth of the collection is impressive. I'd put it ahead of at least ahead of Northland

Those are freaking awesome!!!

My Avengers dont look anything close to that! :sorry:

He must have liked his FF's WAAAAY more than his later Avengers books!

Doug's collection has a slew of Pac Coast Avengers coming up for sale, including the 1,3,4,5,7,9, and 16 all in 9.6.

Those are freaking awesome!!!

My Avengers dont look anything close to that! :sorry:

He must have liked his FF's WAAAAY more than his later Avengers books!

Doug's collection has a slew of Pac Coast Avengers coming up for sale, including the 1,4,7,9, and 16 all in 9.6.

yeah, all of those are gonna be too rich for my blood though except for MAYBE the 9 or 16 :sorry: Even those probably will go too high for me. DAMN MOVIE!!! :censored:

That PC FF 33 is unbelievable!!! :ohnoez:

Hey, i've said a bunch of times that i'm only basing that on the PC's that i have (shrug)

Again, clearly its a VERY nice Ped that most people love. I've got the PC Avengers 51, 65 and 81 (and now 72 but i dont have that in hand yet) and those issues just arent very nice and definitely aren't bright and glossy like almost every other Pedigree issue that i have. Apparently, i have the bottom of the barrel PC's ???

Jason, you're not alone in your feeling about the PC books. I think it's a great pedigree. But to me, some of the books don't have great colors or gloss. The colors can be kind of a dull. And there's often a translucent quality to the covers. Yes, the books are structurally insane. But they don't look as fresh as some other pedigrees like the Curators or Boston books.