• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Top Silver Age Pedigrees

214 posts in this topic

I would put the PC's as #1.

I have always said that the PC's are the Edgar Church/Mile High collection of the Silver Age.

The depth of that collection, as well as the quality of the books, are unreal.

Pacific Coasts are unreal... the structure of them with their plump spines is what convinced me that pedigree books are the real deal in terms of quality (the right ones that is) and worth a premium.

Oh the perfect centering doesn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, that Spidey #2 one of a kind. (worship)

Now i know who picked it up...love to have a copy like that... :cloud9:

Just to be clear - these aren't my books. (Well, the Mass ASM #17 is, but the others are just scans I found on the web.)

Oh yeah, that Spidey #2 one of a kind. (worship)

Now i know who picked it up...love to have a copy like that... :cloud9:

Just to clear - these aren't my books. (Well, the Mass ASM #17 is, but the others are just scans I found on the web.)

....no shame in that. It IS the cheapest way to collect. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have yet to see nicer SA war books than those that came out of the Boston Pedigree Collection. I wonder if the question as to best pedigree should be qualified in terms of genre?

As always for this discussion on SA pedigrees, your mileage may vary.

Early DCs: Western PA, Pacific Coast, White Mountain (many of the Mass early SA DCs are unattributed)

Early Marvel keys: White Mountain, Pacific Coast, Curator, Massachusetts, Twin Cities

Early Marvel non-keys: Curator, Pacific Coast, Massachusetts, Twin Cities, Western PA, Northland

Mid sixties comics: Rocky Mountain, Pacific Coast, Boston, Curator, Massachusetts, Twin Cities

Dell/Gold Key: White Mountain, Pacific Coast, Bethlehem, Northland

We could probably have fun considering each pedigree by title.