• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Order Shipped" e-mail from Marine Depot...absolutely hilarious.

62 posts in this topic

Totally unexpected, as well. I thought it'd be some "stock" information about my items, but I enjoyed it. :)

Good news, Chip!

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves—who work with us during their off-season—prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

Saying goodbye to such sought-after products is always gut-wrenching. That is why we offer employees unlimited handkerchiefs as a part of our generous benefits package. As your order was whisked away at light speed down our assembly line into the loving arms of the shipping courier, our warehouse elves, with tears in their eyes, joined hands and whispered, "Jábba sô kalîk qonay." We don't speak Elvish ourselves, but they tell us the rough translation is "May these supplies bring stability and success to the aquarium and its owner." Wow, we are getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the delivery truck pulled away from our warehouse dock, a rare double rainbow appeared overhead. That's when we knew the products we had raised since they were mere hatchlings were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them and, we promise, they will take care of you.

With sincere appreciation,

The MarineDepot.com Family

Peace,

Chip

Shipping live fish is an amazing thing that's only possible in these modern times.

(Sort of like shipping Maine Lobster or fresh Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen.)

Shipping live fish is an amazing thing that's only possible in these modern times.

(Sort of like shipping Maine Lobster or fresh Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen.)

Fish are easy, coral is much trickier :o

Shipping live fish is an amazing thing that's only possible in these modern times. (Sort of like shipping Maine Lobster or fresh Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen.)

Yup...awesome stuff. I have a new tank & light coming, though. No livestock. It'll be a couple months at least until I get fish and coral in there. :)

Peace,

Chip

I only have a 55 gallon freshwater tank but I'm eyeing a much larger bow tank.

Have you watched that cable series "Tanked"? They're based in Las Vegas.

To make this thread quasi comic related, I like to put water-safe superhero or monster action figures inside my tank to scare the fishes... :blahblah:

Larger saltwater tanks are much easier to cycle/stabilize. What size were you thinking of?

Yup, I've seen some episodes. They are to the marine hobby as Comic Book Men is to this hobby. Mostly and harmful misinformation.

To make this thread quasi comic related, I like to put water-safe superhero or monster action figures inside my tank to scare the fishes... :blahblah:

I was thinking about an "Aquaman vs. Black Manta" tank at one point, but with me giving up the 90 gallon for something smaller (25 gallon cube) it's going to be pretty minimalist & natural.

Peace,

Chip

That all depends on the fish or coral you choose for your tank. :)

Larger saltwater tanks are much easier to cycle/stabilize. What size were you thinking of?

Yup, I've seen some episodes. They are to the marine hobby as Comic Book Men is to this hobby. Mostly and harmful misinformation.

I was thinking about an "Aquaman vs. Black Manta" tank at one point, but with me giving up the 90 gallon for something smaller (25 gallon cube) it's going to be pretty minimalist & natural.

Peace,

Chip

What are you putting in the cube?

Really low fish stock list. Maybe a pair of percs and a banggai, if that. I'm keeping it open-top, so as much as I'd like a mystery wrasse I'm not sure if I should go that route. Also might try a trio of Bartlett's Anthias by themselves since the tank won't be uber-bright.

As far as corals, also trying to limit myself to a low stock list. Frogspawn, a couple chalices, a couple acans, a dendrophyllia, some zoanthids, and a couple easier-to-keep SPS like a green slimer acro, orange capricornis and maybe a red/purple digitata. Oh, and two really nice maxima clams, providing I can find ones like the 5 I had 10 years ago.

The light is a Kessil 10K LED pendant, so I should be able to keep all that with little trouble.

Peace,

Chip

FALSE! Next issue! :)

Peace,

Chip

Huh?!? I've never had a fish die in shipping(did have a Dwarf Golden Moray eel die though). Ive had TONS of coral die in transit (shrug)

Really low fish stock list. Maybe a pair of percs and a banggai, if that. I'm keeping it open-top, so as much as I'd like a mystery wrasse I'm not sure if I should go that route. Also might try a trio of Bartlett's Anthias by themselves since the tank won't be uber-bright.

As far as corals, also trying to limit myself to a low stock list. Frogspawn, a couple chalices, a couple acans, a dendrophyllia, some zoanthids, and a couple easier-to-keep SPS like a green slimer acro, orange capricornis and maybe a red/purple digitata. Oh, and two really nice maxima clams, providing I can find ones like the 5 I had 10 years ago.

The light is a Kessil 10K LED pendant, so I should be able to keep all that with little trouble.

Peace,

Chip

You're going to have a tough time with a trio of Anthias in a 25 gallon cube. They stay small for Anthias but will need room to swim. How many watts in that LED pendant? How much LR are you planning on having?

You're going to have a tough time with a trio of Anthias in a 25 gallon cube. They stay small for Anthias but will need room to swim.

Yeah, I know. I probably won't go that route. I had a pair of ocellaris clowns for over 12 years, so I might get them again or percs as I said before. I also had a banggai for 9 years, so those fish have nostalgic value.

How many watts in that LED pendant?

32 watts.

How much LR are you planning on having?

Not sure...more concerned about the aquascaping, but it'll be enough for the sparse bioload I'm stocking with. Plus I do weekly water changes, which makes it easier to have less LR. I also want to make sure I get enough flow around the entire aquascape.

More rock than this image, but similar in design...I want something unusual. That's the same tank I'm getting in that picture, as well.

p6020072.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Gorgeous fish.

midas.jpg

AWESOME personality also. Of all the fish ive ever had, ive never had one with close to the personality of the two Midas i had. I swear, they were almost like dogs and would come out and play as soon as they saw you :cloud9:

Wait wait wait....... you can get pastrami shipped from Katz's????