• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, good times and ice cold beer!!!

130 posts in this topic

That brings back memories., USed to go to this German bar on Staten Island NY and my friend got me addicted to those beers . We used to order a pint of that with Lemon. A Weiss with Lemon. Love that beer.

Enjoying a cold Franziskaner in my new Dr. Doom toon tumbler I picked up at the Dallas show from our very own Buffyfan!

Doom.jpg

Nice, hopefully not enough caffeine to keep you up forever. Looks good.

No.... not alot but its ok..... Its Friday night and I got work to do. How ya been John ? Try anything new from Dogfish Head lately ?

Nice, hopefully not enough caffeine to keep you up forever. Looks good.

No.... not alot but its ok..... Its Friday night and I got work to do. How ya been John ? Try anything new from Dogfish Head lately ?

Been well Mike. You? This years Punkin Ale is good. I just had Duclaws 2012 HERO draft, a Chipotle Porter. It had just a little too much Chipotle kick to it.

Ya.... chipotle is in a fad stage I think. Its the flavor of choice around here. Beer, hot sauce, french fries, brocolli, you name it. I'm not too big on it....

I never developed a taste for pumpkin brew either :P

An oldie but goodie . . .

Phantombeer508x381.jpg

Hey - why did this thread keep going after this definitive posting?

Ghost who walks and a Victor Bravo. :cloud9:

Duffman, we really need to down a few of these sometime!

Late in responding, but yes we do.

I was chatting to the local publican the other day (I do his IT work, he supplies me with, umm, comestibles) and he reckons that VB is going off market for a few months to re-jig the formula/recipe.

According to him, they made some changes a year or so ago and their market share has since dropped from #1 to #3. I think there was a very slight change in alcohol content (down) at the time that brought with it a lower taxation rate.

Anyway, folks voted with their palates resulting in the market shrinkage.

I told him I thought the story was nonsense - the whole line doesn't have to be shut down to introduce a change - and that more likely some genius in "marketing" reckoned this strategy will result in a "pent up demand for the product".

They should just brew up a "new VB brew" with the stronger flavor and alchohol and give it a name, but keep the VB on the lable. Expansion is good (thumbs u

They should just brew up a "new VB brew" with the stronger flavor and alchohol and give it a name, but keep the VB on the lable. Expansion is good (thumbs u

They actually did that - Original Ale VB but it seems that limited edition didn't "cut through".

The rest of the article confirms the re-issue of 4.9% VB versus the current 4.6%.

It still smacks of a "New Coke/Classic Coke" type exercise.

Thats awesome. Wish I could travel out there and hit some of the Colorado Breweries. Great Divide in Denver makes a bunch of beers that are top notch.

Maybe you'll have a little time there waiting for planes or something and can give it a go.

Great Divide Brewery

Going to be visiting friends in Fort Collins next weekend. We will be touring New Belgium and a few other local micro brewers.

I always kick myself for never touring the brewery. I've heard it's a blast.

I went to Wyoming and since we were D1 we used to get a lot of people through town. I dele delivered pizza and one night delivered to this guy. He asks if I'm 21 and then tells me he works for New Belgium and says he's got something for me. We walk out to his truck which was parked next to mine. He opens the tailgate that had a cover. It was completely filled with 12 packs of their fall seasonal. He hands me one for a tip and says he is passing it out for promotions.

Any company that does that is A ok in my book!

Thats awesome. Wish I could travel out there and hit some of the Colorado Breweries. Great Divide in Denver makes a bunch of beers that are top notch.

Maybe you'll have a little time there waiting for planes or something and can give it a go.

Great Divide Brewery

There is also a brewery called Odell's in Fo Co that is awesome. They made a wheat beer called Easy Street- I miss it every day. They also make an Amber called Levity which I thought was better than Fat Tire. I'd check them out.

CO makes superb beers!