• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northstar marriage story on NBC 4 (Los Angeles) News

64 posts in this topic

No offense, but I don't understand the big hubbub, Bub.

The majority opinion in the previous thread about a DC character coming out was that all this stuff is a reflection of mainstream thought. Yet, here we have press releases and news coverage about something people say is mainstream and normal. Seems to me it shouldn't be a big deal if the majority opinion thinks this subject matter is appropriate for comics that children might read.

So which is it? Mainstream and no big deal because it just reflects society? Or a big deal that begs to have press releases and news coverage? If it was considered mainstream and most parents couldn't care less there wouldn't be any media spotlight, right?

quote: finally, young comic readers have someone to look up to.

Northstar????? sexual preference aside he's a horrible superhero.

Oh, agreed. He's lame. The reporter actually asked me about the potential upcoming DC revelation and the editing jumbled it all up.

I do like that Northstar is a bit of an arrogant so & so, though. At least he's interesting.

I'll probably get in trouble for this, but there is always a double standard when it comes to issues like this. There are issues that have opposite sides of the spectrum where one side is allowed and the other isn't. The worst part of it, in my opinion, is that it is put into public and it is said if you don't like it you are a hater. I.e., the opposite of of homosexuality is basically Christianity. If Christianity was given as much attention in comic books as homosexuality then people would be rioting in the streets claiming that it is being shoved down their throats.

I'm not trying to make a religious point here. I'm trying to say that people are fighting to keep religion out of places saying that it offends them, but are allowing things like homosexuality into just about everything and if people don't like it they are homophobes, haters, or whatever. I will never come here and express what my belief of this subject is. I just think that this issue is being used to sell comic books. Just as politicians who will support homosexuality and gay marriage for votes.

I'll probably get in trouble for this, but there is always a double standard when it comes to issues like this. There are issues that have opposite sides of the spectrum where one side is allowed and the other isn't. The worst part of it, in my opinion, is that it is put into public and it is said if you don't like it you are a hater. I.e., the opposite of of homosexuality is basically Christianity. If Christianity was given as much attention in comic books as homosexuality then people would be rioting in the streets claiming that it is being shoved down their throats.

I'm not trying to make a religious point here. I'm trying to say that people are fighting to keep religion out of places saying that it offends them, but are allowing things like homosexuality into just about everything and if people don't like it they are homophobes, haters, or whatever. I will never come here and express what my belief of this subject is. I just think that this issue is being used to sell comic books. Just as politicians who will support homosexuality and gay marriage for votes.

:facepalm::facepalm: Wow. This post requires two facepalms.

You do acknowledge that gay and lesbian people exist, right? So it makes sense that if you are creating a fictional world based on the real world, that some of the characters would be gay, regardless of what your feelings are on the matter, right? After all there have been plenty of "openly" Christian, Jewish, and Muslim characters over years as well---as there should be. Would you rather have these fictional worlds pretend that any group you think is undesirable doesn't exist? That's a lot like the way most mainstream comics before the sixties never depicted African-Americans.