• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Schmell cashing in his vaulted massive collecion. Poll: Is this the top?

1,888 posts in this topic

they will at least try to prevent the auction from EVIL sources....so maybe that is the "conflict of interest" doug is talking about on his website. You should not attack the comic books, so bidding goes to the book not to the man.

they will at least try to prevent the auction from EVIL sources....so maybe that is the "conflict of interest" doug is talking about on his website. You should not attack the comic books, so bidding goes to the book not to the man.

How wrong can you be?

Bidding goes directly to the man. :facepalm:

Clearly there is a dividing line developing here; no other scenario was expected. A short analogy, if I may be permitted:

A former co-worker of mine and his wife bought a beautiful house in a high-rent district. They soon discovered that the prior owner had committed suicide (LAPD cop, retired, blew his head off in the upstairs master bedroom), which was not disclosed by the listing real estate agent.

Most people know about disclosure laws (e.g., is there asbestos on the property), but not about the death disclosure clause. My former co-worker told me that his wife got consistently sick (he even missed some work as a result), their relationship suffered, and they ultimately moved out of the home.

It was their personal decision to vacate a perfectly lovely property in a great neighborhood because the actions of the former owner completely ruined the experience for them.

Some people here apparently feel the same way about bidding on a Schmell book in this auction. I am one of them.

Did my co-worker's wife overreact? Are some collectors being ridiculous here? Really, it is pointless to ridicule someone for such a personal decision because that decision is theirs to make based on their perceptions and the facts on hand.

As a sidenote, they sued the real estate agent, who settled out of court.

that is AFTER ha takes it cut....hello and again, lets not take his actions and put them against the comic books themselves.

The books do not have feelings.

I love my books, but they do not love me back.

I cherish them, they are indifferent toward me.

I am a pimp in terms of book ownership, they do not care if I sell them for a dollar or ten thousand dollars.

They are not loyal, they are not human.

They are comics.

I love them, but they do not give a shiiit.

This make me sad. :cry:

Well, one can certainly predict that no one will be buying the books for crack, press, and resubmission candidates.

Thats true, but what happens when a book is sold for $200,000, and then mysteriously gets offered for $140,000 in a few months. Some sucker will buy it thinking he is getting a bargin.

HA and Doug.

Now thats a marraige even I think is just plain wrong.

I cannot see how boycotting this auction is gonna make you collection better.....and are you saying that he took pacfic coast comics and broke them out and pressed them and resubmitted them...not on the high grade stuff and how dare you link Ha auctions to DS auctions, I know ha is legit...DS I hae never done buss with.

and are you saying that he took pacfic coast comics and broke them out and pressed them and resubmitted them...not on the high grade stuff

Yes, of course on the high grade stuff.