• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Advice

24 posts in this topic

I have a Copper Grail, a Bronze Grail and am looking for something from the Silver Age. :grin:

I'm willing to spend around $4000 for investment but also something I'd enjoy.

I have a few ideas and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

1) my first choice is X-men 1 6.5 ow-w, w

X-Men_Vol_1_1.jpg

2) somewhere in the 9's

visionf.jpg

3)

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_3.jpg

4) somewhere in the 9's

LLL2664.1L.jpg

5)

xmen9.jpg

Just generally speaking about key issues, the low grades and high grades are where I find appreciation happens fastest. It makes sense if you think about it simply: high grade offers the "best" while low grade offers "affordable" entry.

As long as there's eye appeal (relatively speaking, of course) low grade is never a bad option on ultra keys.

No love for my poor Vision :cry:

I forget who said it but I'd agree that Avengers 57 isn't necessarily a great investment. It's pretty pricey right now so there's more than a decent chance that in a few years, it could be lower. However, if somehow he gets put in the next movie and it's anywhere near as successful as the 1st one, that COULD become a much more valuable book. Also, unlike the other books there, for the money he wants to spend, he can EASILY get a 9.6, heck he could get two!

Not only an awesome iconic cover, I think we'd all agree that it's the 1st appearance of without question the greatest superhero in the history of comics!!! :preach:

Right? Right? ....guys?....... You agree right???........ lol

My poor under appreciated Vision :sorry:

That says a lot about the key issues. Hmmm. Ok, here's a new list;

AF 15

FF 1

ASM 1

Hulk 1

X-men 1

Avengers 4

In this order:

AF 15

FF 1

Hulk 1

X-men 1

ASM 1

Avengers 4

whatever grade you can afford

For the combination of an appealing book along with a good investment you cannot go wrong with an FF1. At your entry point for an AF15, good investment or not,it will probably be Fugly. Rather than set my sites on a specific book, I would pick up the best available copy on any of those keys on your list.

For the combination of an appealing book along with a good investment you cannot go wrong with an FF1. At your entry point for an AF15, good investment or not,it will probably be Fugly. Rather than set my sites on a specific book, I would pick up the best available copy on any of those keys on your list.

+1

Although lately, it doesn't seem to matter how fugly an AF15 is, the price will still go thru the roof.

You can't go wrong with any of the mega, MEGA keys like AF15, FF1 or Hulk1. For 4k though, you're not goin to be able to get much with those 3. Like bomber-bob said, just try to find the nicest, non marvel chipping copy you can find (thumbs u