• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your most recent acquirement in rare comics

89 posts in this topic

Suspense 3 reposted not as rare as Gerber reported but rare enough for here.

sus3.jpg

Very nice copy of this book, and you were lucky enough to find a complete one at that. You have nice registration on this one too, the Schomburg signature is nicely visible.

My copy is not nearly as nice, and I'm missing the centerfold story like sooooo many of them are. Personally, my theory is that some of the books got put together without the centerfold story at all. You either find the books missing the entire story, or it has the entire story. What are the odds of loosing all or none of the pages?

83 Days in a Life Raft, and the last panel in the story says "And so after 83 days they were rescued, thus ending one of the most harrowing adventures ever experienced by man! Don't miss the next Terrific Comics!" From similar panels in other stories it appears that Suspense #3 was put together from various stories intended for both Suspense and Terrific Comics.

Any way you could photograph that centerfold story for us? Thanks for sharing it.

I have one of the Silver Streak #nn's. That Torture meter cracks me up.

"Severe Headache". Ha Ha I guess the hammer side of the axe is for the "severe headache", and the blade side of the axe is for the "Unbearable Agony".

Just too funny. Ha Ha Ha Ha

I have one of the Silver Streak #nn's. That Torture meter cracks me up.

"Severe Headache". Ha Ha I guess the hammer side of the axe is for the "severe headache", and the blade side of the axe is for the "Unbearable Agony".

Just too funny. Ha Ha Ha Ha

That nn cover is colorful, goofy, and just plain bizarre.

I've passed in the past because it's a reprint book (already having most of the original stories), but I've gotta get me one of those if only for that cover alone.