• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your most recent acquirement in rare comics

89 posts in this topic

RE Planet #15 - I only have ed 41, but looks like 2x guide if you give that book a 2.0, although wout seeing more scans I was thinking G+ (2.5) to myself. Calling it G/VG per WW site might be too liberal. Since its a Gerber 7 and still scarce in Overstreet I am inclined to think the scale of G% to NM is off balance anyway - so if it helps any, think Id still be happy to pay what you did for such a tough book even though it may be more beat up than you had expected.

I think this qualifies as rare. It's in really good shape and there are only five others graded, this being the second highest. I love the painted cover!

shadow.JPG

c.jpg

Very nice book, congratulations.

Just posted this in the GA thread, but figured it fits here to, since its a REALLY tough book. Been a grail of mine for several years now.

Very happy to have TARGET COMICS #8 in the vault!

TAR8cover.jpg

The insides are loaded with great art...

TAR8wolvpanels.jpg

CHAMsplash.jpg

WSpanel.jpg

TAR8wolvpanels.jpg

You have a knack for finding these cool stories, Ryan. Wolverton, right?

Congrats on the new pickup! (thumbs u

Just posted this in the GA thread, but figured it fits here to, since its a REALLY tough book. Been a grail of mine for several years now.

TAR8cover.jpg

TAR8wolvpanels.jpg

CHAMsplash.jpg

WSpanel.jpg

Awesome Ryan! :applause:

Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but this is pretty rare.

L.B. Cole cover proof for a cover never published:

001-9.jpg

I think that would be welcome anywhere!

TAR8cover.jpg

Congrats, Ryan :applause:

And it's a Winters copy as well (worship)

Too bad about the missing piece but it's a very glossy book with exceptionally nice PQ for a rare Axis cover 1944 funny animal book. AllSurpriseComics5.jpg

Perhaps some seasoned collectors would like to weigh in on the following issue:

I'm considering having the missing piece replaced by a professional restorer such as Matt Nelson or Susan Cicconi. I don't plan to sell the book; it's just for me to keep and give to my granddaughter when she reaches middle school age and I can explain stereotypes and she can enjoy reading funny-animal stories. Or should I just leave as is?

Thanks,

SLR

Blue is king.It wouldnt be worth the investment.