• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Six Degrees of Stan Lee" Game Thread

821 posts in this topic

21. Amelia Earhart

1. Amelia Earhart was in 'The American Experience' with Kathy Bates.

2. Kathy Bates was in 'Prelude to a Kiss' with Stanley Tucci.

3. Stanley Tucci was in 'Captain America: The First Avenger" with Stan Lee.

21. Amelia Earhart

1. Amerila Earhart was in "the American Experience with Liev Schreiber

2. Liev Schreiber was in Wolverine Origins produced by Stan Lee

Nice! I missed Liev in that doh!

21. Amelia Earhart

1. Amelia Earhart was in 'The American Experience' with Kathy Bates.

2. Kathy Bates was in 'Prelude to a Kiss' with Stanley Tucci.

3. Stanley Tucci was in 'Captain America: The First Avenger" with Stan Lee.

21. Amelia Earhart

1. Amerila Earhart was in "the American Experience with Liev Schreiber

2. Liev Schreiber was in Wolverine Origins produced by Stan Lee

Nice! I missed Liev in that doh!

lol apparently I was thinking WAAAAAAYYYY too hard about the link when I thought up Amelia Earhart!

Wow, that's awesome; the only thing I would suggest would be to adjust for changes in SL. For instance, my Huey Lewis solve was beaten by Dr. Chaos, so I would suggest he get points for his solve and I get the points removed. If you *really* want to make it interesting he could also get the points I lost. That would add more weight to quality answers instead of just quick answers ;)

Good input, and that's where I was going with this.

So here's my thinking.

We already have this rule:

7) If you can reduce the degrees of a previous winner, you become a winner

So, for example, 2.1 and 7.1 represent a reduction in degree (SL#) and were awarded points, as well as the ability to make a submission.

I must have missed the Huey Lewis reduction. For example, that would be 18.1, and would be awarded the SL# points plus the ability to make a sequential submission at any time.

The Excelsior! points keep the game from going stale by awarding 10 points if no one responds in the allotted time.

Let me know what do you think.

Wow, that's awesome; the only thing I would suggest would be to adjust for changes in SL. For instance, my Huey Lewis solve was beaten by Dr. Chaos, so I would suggest he get points for his solve and I get the points removed. If you *really* want to make it interesting he could also get the points I lost. That would add more weight to quality answers instead of just quick answers ;)

So here's my thinking.

So, for example, 2.1 and 7.1 represent a reduction in degree (SL#) and were awarded points, as well as the ability to make a submission.

I must have missed the Huey Lewis reduction. For example, that would be 18.1, and would be awarded the SL# points plus the ability to make a sequential submission at any time.

The Excelsior! points keep the game from going stale by awarding 10 points if no one responds in the allotted time.

That sounds great, but it sounds like a lot of work to keep up with. I wouldn't mind either way, with score or without, I'm just enjoying the game (as well as remembering a lot of long-forgotten movies!) :)

lets keep yours

Ravi Shankar (must be for on screen appearance)

Ravi Shankar to Roger Daltry (via Woodstock Diary)

Roger Daltry to Peyton Manning (via Superbowl XLIV)

Peyton Manning to Hines Ward (via AFC Divisional Playoff Game 2006)

Hines Ward to Anne Hathaway (via Dark Knight Rises)

Anne Hathaway to James Franco (via The Academy Awards Show)

James Franco to Stan Lee (via Spider-Man)

So here's my thinking.

That sounds great, but it sounds like a lot of work to keep up with. I wouldn't mind either way, with score or without, I'm just enjoying the game (as well as remembering a lot of long-forgotten movies!) :)

:)

Well, I figure this is going to go one of two ways: The game loses interest and drops off the map, in which case there's no work for me. The game keeps going, in which case I'll eventually hand off point updates and rankings to the players (similar to the Probation Thread).

hm

I wonder if there's some way to attach or access a live excel spreadsheet?

Unless there's a problem with my answer:

23. Robert Mitchum

Michum was the narrator of tombstone which featured Thomas Hayden Church

TH Church was in Spiderman 3 with Stan Lee

Robert Mitchum was in Dead Man with Johnny Depp.

Johnny Depp was in Chocolat with Alfred Molina.

Alfred Molina was Dr. Octopus in Spider-Man 2.

Stan Lee co-created Dr. Octopus

Stan Lee was in Spiderman 2, saves you a step :thumbsup:

Not sure whether the initial solver should lose points but I do think that beating a solution in fewer steps has got to be worth something.

24. Elisha Cuthbert (since we are at 24)

Elisha Cuthbert to Liam Neeson (via Love Actually)

Liam Neeson to Natalie Portman (via Star Wars Episode I)

Natalie Portman to Stan Lee (via Thor)