• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best eBay bargains

15 posts in this topic

There ARE deals on eBay, whats the best few you've been on the good end of.

I scored a full run of Star Wars, missing only 3 or 4 issues, and possessing 1-6 and the last issue (107?) + Annuals and Return of the Jedi mini, avg 9.2/9.4, for $75. BIN

Got a Hulk 182 in what is probably 9.4-9.6 for $25. BIN

Cap 109, 9.2, $18. BIN

Marvel Premiere 1 - 30, 90% in 9.2 or above, $200. BIN (Thx calm-mix!)

Found a 9.4/9.6ish Daredevil 131 hidden in "Daredevil Lot 20" with DD 130, and 230 and 231 for $20. Some lady literally had 50 lots of Daredevils, with no indication in the title of what issues were contained in each lot, AND in no order. So I scoured and scoured and got lucky.

FF 74 in 9.0 for $15

More, but thats what I got on the top of my head.

Daredevil #45, Raw Double/Cover $40 - came back CGC 9.2/9.4

Iron Man #6 Raw $20 - came back CGC 9.4

5 copies of Spider-Woman #1 $20 for all - 3 came back CGC 9.6 (still have 2)

Just a couple I can think of, alot more waiting to came back from CGC

Daredevil #45, Raw Double/Cover $40 - came back CGC 9.2/9.4

Iron Man #6 Raw $20 - came back CGC 9.4

5 copies of Spider-Woman #1 $20 for all - 3 came back CGC 9.6 (still have 2)

Just a couple I can think of, alot more waiting to came back from CGC

don't we all.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i picked up a ASM 300 a couple years ago. can't remember what i paid for it but remember that it didn't break the bank. thought it looked good so i sent it in to cgc and it came back 9.6. won't be selling it. very lucky given my lack of success with other books. also bought a usm lot, 1-12 with the 1 being white for $280 total. the white came back 9.8. sold it for $550. guess i should have waited but what the heck...

Best deal that comes to mind was a San Diego Comic Con #2 for $25. This was before the Hellboy movie hype really hit. Sent it off to CGC, got it back as a 9.8! Sold it a couple of days before the movie opened for $600.

Best bargains? - Got some nice mid-grade Silver Age FF's from Superworld awhile ago through eBay for less than 50% of last year's guide. Ted VanLiew/Superworld rocks on eBay and as a regular dealer!!! cloud9.gif

Worst Bargain? - I took a chance on a relatively new seller (approx. 30 feedbacks) for 3 current comics (Superman Red Son mini) that were listed only as being in "great" shape with a very small scan of only one of them. I wanted to replace the copies I had sold to Darth.

Well, not only did they take exactly one month to arrive, they were shipped only in a bubble envelope bagged and boarded. Two of the three are VF-, the third is about a VF/NM. I don't think shipping caused most of the damage though. Yes doing this was stupid, and I got exactly what I deserved. tonofbricks.gif

sign-rantpost.gif Unless you're willing to roll the dice for potential flips, I see no point in buying raw on eBay unless it is from a reputable seller or you do not care about the condition of the comics. The odds in Vegas are better.

sign-rantpost.gif Unless you're willing to roll the dice for potential flips, I see no point in buying raw on eBay unless it is from a reputable seller or you do not care about the condition of the comics. The odds in Vegas are better.

Unless you care only about super high grade, I gotta disagree. 150 auctions worth of buying on eBay, and I've been burned twice. And once on a Spidey 28 that was VG, not VF+. Cost me $125, got half refunded. One would argue that didn't work out all that bad in the end. =)

I don't intend to flip though. Not short term. I do plan on tossing a whole slew of ASM and DD readers out there after replacing them via eBay, but its hardly the same thing.

If what you are looking for is 9.4+, then yeah, no point buying raw on eBay, as the chances aren't always good that a claimed 9.4+ is as described. I buy NM- and VF/NM and do alright.

If you just bid on an item assuming it is no better than VG,you'll occasionally hit a jackpot,and you will limit your downside. I lose about 80% of the auctions I bid on,but its all Silver and Bronze that will be easily available when that particular auction ends anyway.

About 2 years ago I bought a X-Men 94 NM- for $400.00 with no scan from a kid in Australia. I got it slabbed, graded a 9.0 (not bad for no scan). I think I sold it for about $800.00.

Moral of the story ask wife before bidding on $400.00 comic books. tongue.gif

Recently bought this and this.

But my best bargain was a raw DD #43 bought as "MINT" for $40.

The seller was not involved in comics at all, and i remember that the picture on his auction was tiny.

The comic was graded 9.6 by CGC thumbsup2.gif. I cannot still believe it. The book was shipped with no protection to France and it's a miracle that i received it without any damage 893whatthe.gif.