• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early thoughts on Captain_Tripps' website????

132 posts in this topic

Compliments and Plug!

Having just spent 7 months already having my website built (now about 4 weeks away to launch) and knowing how diffcult and time-consuming it is to get everything working as well as uploading scans and data - prices, grades, drooling descriptions, etc. - AND trying to make sure the developers make no spelling errors(!) and everything automated works, I have great sympathy with the Captain who I think has got a great website, even if I can only daydream of buying his entire stock for my collection!

The inventory on my website (which includes unslabbed comics) cannot possibly compare with the Captain's but I have tried to build a website that is a bit of fun and I seriously hope everyone will offer as much criticism, suggestions, advice, etc. on mine as they do on the Captain's. I will be looking to hopefully make it do what collectors want from a website.

Address? www.colmorecomics.com

Register your email address now to get first shot at the beauties on offer when it is launched!

Hi Mark, we'll look forward to seeing your site when it's fully up. In the meantime, why mess around with websites for your CGC 9.4 early SA DC's? Just sell them to me directly!

Compliments and Plug!

Having just spent 7 months already having my website built (now about 4 weeks away to launch) and knowing how diffcult and time-consuming it is to get everything working as well as uploading scans and data - prices, grades, drooling descriptions, etc. - AND trying to make sure the developers make no spelling errors(!) and everything automated works, I have great sympathy with the Captain who I think has got a great website, even if I can only daydream of buying his entire stock for my collection!

The inventory on my website (which includes unslabbed comics) cannot possibly compare with the Captain's but I have tried to build a website that is a bit of fun and I seriously hope everyone will offer as much criticism, suggestions, advice, etc. on mine as they do on the Captain's. I will be looking to hopefully make it do what collectors want from a website.

Address? www.colmorecomics.com

Register your email address now to get first shot at the beauties on offer when it is launched!

Hi Mark

Welcome to the boards buddy ! thumbsup2.gif

I also gave everyone a heads up on your new website a month or two back, so am looking forward to seeing it on line.

Some of you may know ColmoreComics better by his previous I.D. of MRAHOME, and am sure he will have some quality material on view from his buying days under this illustrious I.D. ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I can personally vouch for Mark as having the highest levels of integrity, both as a buyer and seller, and wish him all the best on this venture. hi.gif

Some of you may know ColmoreComics better by his previous I.D. of MRAHOME, and am sure he will have some quality material on view from his buying days under this illustrious I.D. !

Man, I never knew so many of the heavy hitters were limeys. grin.gif

Oh well, at least we are assured of literate and well-articulated posts from our friends across the pond. thumbsup2.gif

I'm sure you will have some nice books because you outbid me on some of them a year ago. 893frustrated.gif

While Doug's (Captain Tripps) collection is impressive, what may be more impressive is that he DECIDED to start the website in APRIL of this year. So in around 2 months it went from IDEA to UP AND RUNNING. Now that impressive. acclaim.gif

Thanks for the good wishes guys!

2 months is just cosmic!!! I find 4 hours of scanning maximum makes me want to dive for the bottle so even if I had a team of 30 website developers I could not have been able to do my bit in 2 months!

Some of you may know ColmoreComics better by his previous I.D. of MRAHOME, and am sure he will have some quality material on view from his buying days under this illustrious I.D. ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Finally the identity of the legendary MRAHOME is revealed! 893whatthe.gif In hindsight, it seems so obvious. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the great books purchased under that ID being offered too!

Thanks for the good wishes guys!

2 months is just cosmic!!! I find 4 hours of scanning maximum makes me want to dive for the bottle so even if I had a team of 30 website developers I could not have been able to do my bit in 2 months!

gets tedious real quick dont it? I dont envy you the back-breaking task... good luck!

i bought all my original books (1000) roughly between 1958 and 1964. i then stopped buying for almost 40 years and only started up again 3 years ago. i found out about the E-bay boards first and then i believe it was Garth (where the hell is he, by the way?) who mentioned the CGC boards and the level of knowledge that existed over here. so i switched over and have been reading everything i could for the past 6 months.

Glad my advice (in this instance) is retroactively viewed in a positive light smile.gif

I'm still around, just not devoting 2 hours - that's 12.5% of my waking time - of each day to reading and posting threads. It's amazing what you can do with that sort of time - I've actually read "Preacher" - thanks again to Steve B. for the freebie on that - and done a little freelance work to shore up my comic-buying fund...

Burnt, yours is a pedigree-worthy collection, no question about it. If you're looking for a name, I'd go with the store or town from which you purchased most of the books, or the model of the bike you used to convey them home 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i bought all my original books (1000) roughly between 1958 and 1964. i then stopped buying for almost 40 years and only started up again 3 years ago. i found out about the E-bay boards first and then i believe it was Garth (where the hell is he, by the way?) who mentioned the CGC boards and the level of knowledge that existed over here. so i switched over and have been reading everything i could for the past 6 months.

Glad my advice (in this instance) is retroactively viewed in a positive light smile.gif

I'm still around, just not devoting 2 hours - that's 12.5% of my waking time - of each day to reading and posting threads. It's amazing what you can do with that sort of time - I've actually read "Preacher" - thanks again to Steve B. for the freebie on that - and done a little freelance work to shore up my comic-buying fund...

Burnt, yours is a pedigree-worthy collection, no question about it. If you're looking for a name, I'd go with the store or town from which you purchased most of the books, or the model of the bike you used to convey them home 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that's an interesting question????

we were really poor, but i saved up enough money to pay for an "english racer" and had it for many years. it was burgundy and too big for me for years, but Damned if i can remember what the make was confused.gifwhen i make my next submission of around 90 DC's, i'm going to pursue the pedigree concept with Steve B, as i expect that those books are going to come back with nice grades

i'm still skeptical, but there's nothing to lose grin.gif

welcome back.........I won't tell steve that you're a supporter of the idea devil.gif