• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Priority Boxes

48 posts in this topic

Alot of Boardies ship slabs with 2 USPS Priority Boxes. 1 inside the other.

Can anyone remind me what the 2 box #'s are so I can order some from USPS on-line.

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

Didnt they just come out with a slab sized box?

Alot of Boardies ship slabs with 2 USPS Priority Boxes. 1 inside the other.

Can anyone remind me what the 2 box #'s are so I can order some from USPS on-line.

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

Didnt they just come out with a slab sized box?

You may be thinking of the 1097. Way too snug due to the thin size of the box.

Can i ask what the advantage of two boxes is? I'd actually just rather it be the one box when i get slabs in the mail.

Every time i ship, i put cardboard on both sides and just wrap in bubble wrap until it fits snug in the box. I dont understand what the point of the inner box is? ???

Can i ask what the advantage of two boxes is? I'd actually just rather it be the one box when i get slabs in the mail.

Every time i ship, i put cardboard on both sides and just wrap in bubble wrap until it fits snug in the box. I dont understand what the point of the inner box is? ???

Some put boards around slabbed books - others double-box for the same protection, and include packing peanuts for added protection at the top and bottom of the outer box.

Some put boards around slabbed books - others double-box for the same protection, and include packing peanuts for added protection at the top and bottom of the outer box.

Ah, so its in lieu of putting cardboard on each side of the slab?

I'm pretty sure the last couple double boxed slabs ive gotten also had cardboard on each side of the slab which is why i didnt understand the point of the second box? The last one was a cheapo $20 BA CA Avengers slab. The freaking thing was double boxed and the slab had cardboard on both sides with packing tape wrapped around the entire thing and then bubble wrapped with more packing tape wrapping around the entire bubble wrap! I swear, it took me like 10 minutes with a box cutter to free this $20 slab from its tape prison! Im pretty sure the seller used like $8 worth of packing tape on it :o

I'm pretty sure the last couple double boxed slabs ive gotten also had cardboard on each side of the slab which is why i didnt understand the point of the second box? The last one was a cheapo $20 BA CA Avengers slab. The freaking thing was double boxed and the slab had cardboard on both sides with packing tape wrapped around the entire thing and then bubble wrapped with more packing tape wrapping around the entire bubble wrap! I swear, it took me like 10 minutes with a box cutter to free this $20 slab from its tape prison! Im pretty sure the seller used like $8 worth of packing tape on it :o

:o

I've gotten raw book orders like this. Sometimes so well packaged, it damages some books because the person overtapes the package.

:o

I've gotten raw book orders like this. Sometimes so well packaged, it damages some books because the person overtapes the package.

Yeah, some people go WAAAAAAY overboard with the tape. Kind of annoying but hey, its better than not being packed well enough. Most times now, i dont even use tape except for 4 small pieces to put the cardboard on both sides of the slab. Then, i'll just wrap the slab in bubble wrap so that it fits real snug in the box making any tape unnecessary (shrug)

That last Avengers slab i was talking about(i think it was #209) literally would have survived a plane crash the way it was packed! It had to have been close to an entire roll of packing tape since the entire slab and then the entire bubble wrap was taped with at least 1 and i think 2 layers!!! :o

I just had a guy send me $400 worth of vintage toys MIB in a priority mail box, each toy was placed inside of a grocery store plastic bag as the only protection.

I emailed him to complaint and he lectured me about how great his packing is.... :facepalm:

Take a lesson people from Nick here,his boxes were bulletproof awesome.Double boxed,cardboard around the books,and bubble wrapped.The Post Office could use them as a soccer ball and they would have gotten to me safely. (thumbs u

Take a lesson people from Nick here,his boxes were bulletproof awesome.Double boxed,cardboard around the books,and bubble wrapped.The Post Office could use them as a soccer ball and they would have gotten to me safely. (thumbs u

:cloud9:

Thanks Dave.

There are three relevant boxes:

O-1097 (weighs about 6.03 oz - 13.125"x11.5"x2.375") is the smallest of the three it will fit inside the other two boxes .

O-1092 (weighs about 6.40 oz - 13.375"x12.125"x2.75") is the next size, O-1097 fits snugly in one of these.

O-1095 (weighs about 6.95 oz - 15.125"x12.375"x3") is even bigger

If you are shipping locally (ex NJ-NY) weight doesn't effect price that much. However, shipping across the county move the cost up from $6.20 to $9.62 (not counting signature confirmation or insurance).

:cloud9:

Thanks Dave.

I think the thanks should go to you my friend. :applause:

Double boxing also decreases the risk that the box will be crushed. I have received some single boxes where the walls have collapsed (luckily no damage done to the CGC case).

Double boxing is the best way to go....but as I found out can still get messed up. I had a package arrive to me in two boxes and still had a puncture through both boxes that cracked two CGC books. Thankfully the comics were not damaged.