• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Priority Boxes

48 posts in this topic

I only ship them UPS ground, I use a priority box, then put it in a regular box with bubble wrap.

This clearly sounds like misuse of the priority boxes. If you want to use USPS boxes why are you shipping them UPS? That is a clear violation of the license as shown by another poster and as understood by me.

I send all my books dounle boxed 1097 inside a 1092. I've shipped hundreds, no problems.

I only ship them UPS ground, I use a priority box, then put it in a regular box with bubble wrap.

This clearly sounds like misuse of the priority boxes. If you want to use USPS boxes why are you shipping them UPS? That is a clear violation of the license as shown by another poster and as understood by me.

I send all my books dounle boxed 1097 inside a 1092. I've shipped hundreds, no problems.

I do 1092 inside a 1095. Bit more space. You can ship four slabs max this way. You can also fit a 1092 into a Regional rate B box (the side loader). Doesn't fit quite so pefectly - needs more packaging. But when the box gets over 4 lbs it's often cheaper to use a regional rate box. These can only be ordered online.

Any misuse of boxes aside, I've always wondered why the average person prefers UPS or Fedex. They really gear their business towards the business accounts. They surcharge for delivering to residences. They are weird about insuring collectibles (though private insurance can take care of that) If you have an Office Depot or Kinkos or such near you it can be a bit more convienient. But as both a shipper and a reciever I much prefer USPS.

There are still post offices in almost every little town. Larger towns have multiple post offices - I bet Evansville has a dozen. Which makes receiving a package much more convienent. A lot of my customers live in small towns and if they aren't home when UPS or Fedex delivers it means a 30 mile trip to the nearest UPS/Fedex location.

So anyway - my 2c

I do 1092 inside a 1095. Bit more space. You can ship four slabs max this way. You can also fit a 1092 into a Regional rate B box (the side loader). Doesn't fit quite so pefectly - needs more packaging. But when the box gets over 4 lbs it's often cheaper to use a regional rate box. These can only be ordered online.

Any misuse of boxes aside, I've always wondered why the average person prefers UPS or Fedex. They really gear their business towards the business accounts. They surcharge for delivering to residences. They are weird about insuring collectibles (though private insurance can take care of that) If you have an Office Depot or Kinkos (FEDEX OFFICE) or such near you it can be a bit more convenient. But as both a shipper and a receiver I much prefer USPS.

There are still post offices in almost every little town. Larger towns have multiple post offices - I bet Evansville has a dozen. Which makes receiving a package much more convenient. A lot of my customers live in small towns and if they aren't home when UPS or Fedex delivers it means a 30 mile trip to the nearest UPS/Fedex location.

So anyway - my 2c

Fixed that fer ya :hi:

P.S. I'm a Fedex Courier, so I prefer FEDEX :devil:

There are still post offices in almost every little town. Larger towns have multiple post offices - I bet Evansville has a dozen. Which makes receiving a package much more convenient. A lot of my customers live in small towns and if they aren't home when UPS or Fedex delivers it means a 30 mile trip to the nearest UPS/Fedex location.

So anyway - my 2c

Well I wouldn't want to offend my friendly FEDEX courier. So thanks (thumbs u

Looking at your signature line there. That is one heck of a pistol shot. It's hard to guesstimate distance from such, but if the single lane road is 10ft wide, then that that had to be over 200 feet.Maybe 300. Plus she's shooting downhill.At a (slowly) moving target. Personally I prefer Daryl's up close and personal approach...

So anyway - my 2c

Well I wouldn't want to offend my friendly FEDEX courier. So thanks (thumbs u

Looking at your signature line there. That is one heck of a pistol shot. It's hard to guesstimate distance from such, but if the single lane road is 10ft wide, then that that had to be over 200 feet.Maybe 300. Plus she's shooting downhill.At a (slowly) moving target. Personally I prefer Daryl's up close and personal approach...

She also apparently hits two seperate targets not even in the same line of fire. Thats one heckova shot.

Double boxing is the best way to go....but as I found out can still get messed up. I had a package arrive to me in two boxes and still had a puncture through both boxes that cracked two CGC books. Thankfully the comics were not damaged.

Not a big fan of USPS double boxing--a big enough box with good packing technique is enough. The slab in the inner box is too awkward.