• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out the first Superhero Action Figure!

30 posts in this topic

I already posted this in Gold, but I'm kind of excited about this cool antique store find and I wanted to share it. It's a 13" wooden jointed Superman doll produced by the Ideal toy company around 1939-40. I'm really digging it. :cloud9:

Untitled.jpg

Doesnt look like it would have been much fun to play with as a kid but damn that is in amazing shape for 70+ years old!!

Sweet find! :applause:

Is that the original paint or has it been repainted if you can tell?

Very cool! (thumbs u

If I can offer some friendly advice - if you put a good chunk of money into it, you may want to have it checked out. The figure appears to have been repainted and I'm not sure the cape is original.

The tipoff that it has been worked on is that the wood itself is umblemished (usually scuffed especially in the chest area and the belts are never that perfect) and the texture of the cape is off, but both of these could also be explained by lighting anomolies in the photo.

Pretty sure Jeff knows it is fully restored (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Yep all the work was fully disclosed and very professional. The cape is a reproduction as you noted, the face has been repainted and the body touched up. The chest emblem is original but not the belt buckle. It really looks great though.