• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain to me Amazing Spiderman 509???

50 posts in this topic

OK I'm at a loss here...

I thought Aunt May died in issue 400.

I sold a modern lot recently and it had a 400 and I read it before selling it.

tonofbricks.gif

It was an actress pertending to be Aunt May hired by the either HARRY OR NORMAN oSBORN who actually died.

It really would be quite funny if it wasn't so sad. Comic books have been turned into very poor soap opera's. foreheadslap.giffrown.gif

Here's a theory I found on the internet at CPG...

"c'mon guys its obvious that the guy who took off the mask looks like peter parker. Looks awfully close to peter parker.

Here's my take.

Strazcynski found a point in continuity he could really use. That's what makes JMS soo friggin' great. The guy and girl are peter's children. Gwen Stacy was pregnant with parker's twins and gave birth to them while in france. She returned but died too quickly to warn peter about them.

Think about what peter says in this issue. He senses two people. but the person on the right, feels exactly like the person on the left. But the voices are different. These are his twin children. They must have been raised by someone who hates parker. they seem to have his powers or part of them. Also they knew about Peter Parker but didn't know he was spider-man. After seeing him leap over them a good 50 feet to the safety of a nearby truck, they now realize what they are dealing with.

That's why the shadowy figures say, "did you see that (peter leaping)?", "yes, it sure explains alot, (i.e. where did we get our powers from - our father peter parker, who obviously has powers).

Of course there is some villian of peter parker's behind this. It can only be either Norman or Harry Osborn. cause only they are soo close to peter and are capable of causing this hard. But who would have raised them all this time? hmmm ... not so sure then who is involved now that I think about it.

But what couldn't gwen tell peter. Hell, if talking about an accidental pregnancy isn't hard, i don't know what is."

How old is Peter Parker supposed to be?

"c'mon guys its obvious that the guy who took off the mask looks like peter parker. Looks awfully close to peter parker.

Here's my take.

Strazcynski found a point in continuity he could really use. That's what makes JMS soo friggin' great. The guy and girl are peter's children. Gwen Stacy was pregnant with parker's twins and gave birth to them while in france. She returned but died too quickly to warn peter about them.

Think about what peter says in this issue. He senses two people. but the person on the right, feels exactly like the person on the left. But the voices are different. These are his twin children. They must have been raised by someone who hates parker. they seem to have his powers or part of them. Also they knew about Peter Parker but didn't know he was spider-man. After seeing him leap over them a good 50 feet to the safety of a nearby truck, they now realize what they are dealing with.

That's why the shadowy figures say, "did you see that (peter leaping)?", "yes, it sure explains alot, (i.e. where did we get our powers from - our father peter parker, who obviously has powers).

Of course there is some villian of peter parker's behind this. It can only be either Norman or Harry Osborn. cause only they are soo close to peter and are capable of causing this hard. But who would have raised them all this time? hmmm ... not so sure then who is involved now that I think about it.

But what couldn't gwen tell peter. Hell, if talking about an accidental pregnancy isn't hard, i don't know what is."

How old is Peter Parker supposed to be?

Well they used accelerated growth hormones... Anyway I think it's the real Gwen Stacy. She never died. Her pulse got really week and she went to Australlia with Captain Stacy who was really alive and well living in the outback. It turns out the Captain that died during the battle with Doc Ock was nothing more than a military stand in.

Okay, the guy cloned Parker, he cloned himself, and he suddenly goes to all that work to "create" a Gwen Stacy using conventional means?

Gimme a freakin break. Just another way for Marvel to play with Gwendy and not use the "clone" word.

Actually the story in Spec Spider-Man Ann #8 cleared up a dangling plot thread and explained what happened to the Gwen clone after the original clone saga.

Warren used an existing student and remolded her DNA to resemble Gwen. He wasn't far enough in his experiments to perfect his cloning procedure. The Peter clone came afterwards.

The story made complete sense and gave closure to the whole Gwen clone story. Shame that when the second Clone Saga came around Marvel convienently forgot about the prior explanation.

Jim

Here's my take.

So far this sounds the most likely. However, the thing that bothers me is why would Gwen be so upset that Peter and she are having babies? I figure the kids are of Osborn descendent. The real reason she couldn't write the letter is because she's trying to tell Peter that she had an affair and that the kids she now bares aren't his. This would add some more pain and depth to Peter and of course keep him clean of the whole "clone/kids" theory which we all seem to despise. Of course this doen't explain the kid looking like Peter confused-smiley-013.gif

So far this sounds the most likely. However, the thing that bothers me is why would Gwen be so upset that Peter and she are having babies? I figure the kids are of Osborn descendent. The real reason she couldn't write the letter is because she's trying to tell Peter that she had an affair and that the kids she now bares aren't his. This would add some more pain and depth to Peter and of course keep him clean of the whole "clone/kids" theory which we all seem to despise. Of course this doen't explain the kid looking like Peter confused-smiley-013.gif

If this ridiculous ret-con theory proves to be true, I may never buy another issue of ASM again. tonofbricks.gif

As far as I'm concerned, the "real" ASM story was fully told and ended a long time ago (like right before Venom showed up). All the alien symbiotes, clones, Green Goblin resurrections, Aunt May makeovers, etc. are not part of the "real" continuity to me, much as L. Sprague de Camp and Lin Carter's Conan is not considered by many to be part of REH's Conan continuity. At best, the stories from the last 15 or so years have been entertaining imitations of the real thing; at worst, just pure dreck. After a promising start, I'd have to say that most of JMS's run belongs in the latter category. mad.gif