• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spider-man 3 villian?

96 posts in this topic

Venom would be a huge mistake... actually any new villain might be a mistake.

A lot of movie franchises get kind of tired by the third act. Audiences tire of the hero-nemesis formula, studios exploit it as long as it makes a buck, and second rate writers misuse it. How many times can you make a movie about essentialy a 2 hour fistfight? That's what brought the Batman franchise to its knees.

Spider-Man 2 looks to be shaping up into a continuation of the story and characterizations of Spider-Man 1. A sort of Chronicles of Peter Parker. Good. That's how the movie should be. Why should Spidey 3 be any different?

A good plotline would involve more Harry Osborn, not another baddie du jour. Consumed by thoughts of revenge and misplaced daddy worship, Harry finally applies himself and becomes a bitter, raged filled ruthless executive. How cool would this be - Harry accidentally finds out Pete is Spider-Man, the supposed murderer of his father, and decides to use latest OsCorp technology to take him out. But Harry doesn't know his father was the original Green Goblin, so sort of becomes what he's always wanted to be, daddy's boy. In the heat of battle, Peter tells him about his father, what really happened. Harry realizes that all he's ever aspired to be has been a lie. Drama, man!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

You said it, Anti-Fanboy!! thumbsup2.gif

Venom would be a huge mistake... actually any new villain might be a mistake.

A lot of movie franchises get kind of tired by the third act. Audiences tire of the hero-nemesis formula, studios exploit it as long as it makes a buck, and second rate writers misuse it. How many times can you make a movie about essentialy a 2 hour fistfight? That's what brought the Batman franchise to its knees.

Spider-Man 2 looks to be shaping up into a continuation of the story and characterizations of Spider-Man 1. A sort of Chronicles of Peter Parker. Good. That's how the movie should be. Why should Spidey 3 be any different?

A good plotline would involve more Harry Osborn, not another baddie du jour. Consumed by thoughts of revenge and misplaced daddy worship, Harry finally applies himself and becomes a bitter, raged filled ruthless executive. How cool would this be - Harry accidentally finds out Pete is Spider-Man, the supposed murderer of his father, and decides to use latest OsCorp technology to take him out. But Harry doesn't know his father was the original Green Goblin, so sort of becomes what he's always wanted to be, daddy's boy. In the heat of battle, Peter tells him about his father, what really happened. Harry realizes that all he's ever aspired to be has been a lie. Drama, man!

That's a good start, but you forgot to put in the part about Rocket Racer.

so everyone seems to be interested in what the next villian will be, I keep hearing Venom over and over. What about Kraven? wouldn't this be a good villian--> no super computer graphics, all you would need is some WWF wrestler....

plus they could kill him off with a SHOT in the dark!

sumo.gif

Right before the 1st movie came out my friend told me he heard that the Macho Man's small role in that film would be playing Kraven...Thank God that didn't happen.

I still think the most visually appealing villain they could use would be Mysterio. Just imagine all the different types of illusions they could use and how cool they would look. Plus it would be different from the usual fight the bad guy type of movie. Spidey would be dealing with the whole what is real and what isn't thing.

I still think the most visually appealing villain they could use would be Mysterio. Just imagine all the different types of illusions they could use and how cool they would look. Plus it would be different from the usual fight the bad guy type of movie. Spidey would be dealing with the whole what is real and what isn't thing.

Gotta agree. Mysterio would be pretty cool.....

mcfarlanemysterio.jpg

I think his costume might need to be updated a little though, although not to the GG extreme.

Electro would definitely need a new mask if he were to appear. Some people may confuse him for Sun Flower Man if he kept the mask.

I think Carrion would be pretty cool....

whatifmiller.jpg

The only way you would see him is if the Spider-man franchise became the next James Bond movie franchise. In that case you may in fact see the Rocket Racer on the big screen in the next 40 years.

I was flipping channels the other night and Entertainment Tonight was interviewing Avi Arad (sp?, whatever his name is). At the end of the interview Arad said that he would tell the interviewer who the villan would be in Spidey #3 but he would only whisper it in his ear. 893frustrated.gif

I say its Osbourne Jr. coming back as the Hobgoblin as they seem to be making a point of showcasing the tension between him and Spidey in part #2. Now that would be awesome, just as long as they don't screw up the costume like they did in part #1. Quick everyone run out and buy your ASM#238's. Could this be the next high flyer?