• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocketeer Treasury Edition...worth buying??

9 posts in this topic

I just saw a couple of huge treasury editions of the original Rocketeer run at a LCS in my area. Both are NM to slightly better, but I didn't pull the trigger cause I can't even begin to ponder how to store them well. The art looks really sexy on the large pages and I've never read the series. Should I pick these up for investment purposes as I believe that they are probably not printed in large quantities, or just pick up the over sized slipcase edition to read instead??? hm Also, IDW released a 30 Days of Night treasury as well but that's for another thread. :blahblah:

Not sure how they will be investment-wise since they technically are reprints of the original stories produced in comic format through multiple companies over the years. If you've never read the story though you are missing out on some gorgeous Dave Stevens art and those treasury books are a great way to get it all in one place :thumbsup: Happy reading!

IDW are publishing treasuries on an ongoing basis. I have the Rocketeer one and it is a thing of beauty. Because these stories are available in a number of formats already I doubt that there would be much investment potential in these.

The quality of the product is superb though and it makes the artwork really pop.

RIP Dave Stevens.