• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Me Your Caps!

61 posts in this topic

I think the first two I remember seeing were the ones shown here from #s 19 & 20. What I find really interesting about the Timely Caps is how different Kirby's work was then versus his more stylized SA (and beyond) rendering. Frankly, I think the GA version is (at times) much smoother and athletic than strongman-esque.

There are also a few of those later "Captain America: Commie Smasher" covers that are really, really well done (some of which I think were JRSR's work).

Center spread...

065b32a7.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

hm Since most of my Caps are slabbed, interior shots would require his undergoing MRI. As he's military, Cap's GI benefits don't cover such extravagance without proper authorization. (shrug)

Here's a couple of more covers for good measure though...

img_CapAmerica71_147-1-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica74_150-1-1.jpg

There's still MOAR, but you've probably seen most of my Caps before, in the Timely thread. Still, I'm trying to mix it up a bit. :grin:

There are also a few of those later "Captain America: Commie Smasher" covers that are really, really well done (some of which I think were JRSR's work).

The John Romita covers are some of my favorites as well from the original run:

7217811876_40949b95f3_z.jpg

7217812496_eb17ccbe45_z.jpg