• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies with an Axe to Grind...

232 posts in this topic

I have an axe to grind with the guy who accused me of wearing a sling to get a shopping cart ahead of him. "You have been wearing that for over three weeks, come on you are just doing it because you want a shopping cart and guys to do heavy lifting for you"

Explanations of my recent surgery and offers to show him my scars did not stop him from harassing me for way longer than I was comfortable with. What a jerque POS ..

Some people are just :insane:

I don't recall how long ago, but I went to a grocery store and parked in a "parents with small children" spot. I got out of the car first to go to the trunk and pull out the stroller. Before my second foot touched the ground coming out of the car, a lady lunges out of nowhere insinuating that I parked in a spot that I wasn't supposed to. I just continued on to the trunk with a OH-KAY! expression on my face. She continued to lecture me on how the spot was only to be used by parents with small children. As I open the trunk and pull out the stroller, she does a quick 180 and heads to the door of the store. No apology, no "excuse me" for being such a tool. NADA. I couldn't believe the nerve, but after reading your experience, I'm convinced some people need professional help.

:signfunny:

But on a related note, I hate it when people who are NOT handicapped park in handicapped spaces. 2c

I have an axe to grind with the guy who accused me of wearing a sling to get a shopping cart ahead of him. "You have been wearing that for over three weeks, come on you are just doing it because you want a shopping cart and guys to do heavy lifting for you"

Explanations of my recent surgery and offers to show him my scars did not stop him from harassing me for way longer than I was comfortable with. What a jerque POS ..

I don't recall how long ago, but I went to a grocery store and parked in a "parents with small children" spot. I got out of the car first to go to the trunk and pull out the stroller. Before my second foot touched the ground coming out of the car, a lady lunges out of nowhere insinuating that I parked in a spot that I wasn't supposed to. I just continued on to the trunk with a OH-KAY! expression on my face. She continued to lecture me on how the spot was only to be used by parents with small children. As I open the trunk and pull out the stroller, she does a quick 180 and heads to the door of the store. No apology, no "excuse me" for being such a tool. NADA. I couldn't believe the nerve, but after reading your experience, I'm convinced some people need professional help.

:signfunny:

But on a related note, I hate it when people who are NOT handicapped park in handicapped spaces. 2c

+1

I mostly try to park as far away from the entrance and other parked cars unless I'm with my kids. I get less scratches and dings on my car.

This sounds like my neighbor. About a month ago, I hired a guy to bring in his tractor to level a stretch of earth so we can set up a playset for my daughter on it. She comes out of her house (which, technically, is her brother's house, she's only a tenant), and tells me that I'm on county land and that I have to stop immediately (there is a 30' drainage easement between our two properties). I politely told her she is mistaken, and that I am clearly on my own land, and free to do with it as I wish. The survey, the county maps, and even the county's easement inspector have all verified this, she is just unwilling to admit it, and even more unwilling to admit she made a mistake and apologize.

If I was such a tool to my neighbor, not only would I be profusely apologetic, I'd offer them a case of beer or a restaurant giftcard as a way of trying to right past wrongs. Some people are so caught up in their own self-rightousness, they don't even know what to do when it dawns on them they've been wrong all along.

People who come in to my shop asking for advice on how to sell their collection on eBay or at auction.

:P

I don't know, I'd be eager to offer some advice:

"If on eBay, most people grade very loose....so if its a VF, you should be okay to advertise it as a NM+. And don't offer returns, know one really wants to hassle with that. As for shipping, to make it easier on yourself, just do one trip to the Post office every 2-3 weeks, and you should be okay."

I mean, depending on whether they were a regular/good customer or not, you could've had a lot of fun with it. :devil:

This sounds like my neighbor. About a month ago, I hired a guy to bring in his tractor to level a stretch of earth so we can set up a playset for my daughter on it. She comes out of her house (which, technically, is her brother's house, she's only a tenant), and tells me that I'm on county land and that I have to stop immediately (there is a 30' drainage easement between our two properties). I politely told her she is mistaken, and that I am clearly on my own land, and free to do with it as I wish. The survey, the county maps, and even the county's easement inspector have all verified this, she is just unwilling to admit it, and even more unwilling to admit she made a mistake and apologize.

If I was such a tool to my neighbor, not only would I be profusely apologetic, I'd offer them a case of beer or a restaurant giftcard as a way of trying to right past wrongs. Some people are so caught up in their own self-rightousness, they don't even know what to do when it dawns on them they've been wrong all along.

I have found that one of the better qualities to have in life, is that when you are wrong, you fess up, and say, "you are absolutely right, I was wrong." And then do your best to rectify the situation. It usually brings the majority of people over to your side, where they believe you can do no wrong.

As much as I want to enjoy Pantera I just can't get into the voice. The music is cool but the vocals kill it for me.

Yeah, Death Metal vocals have never been my favorite...but I like the testosterone beat.

I have an axe to grind with people who think Pantera has death metal vocals :baiting::headbang:

People who list comic books and say "I am not a professional grader" well is ANYONE a professional grader (apart from the folks at CGC)

What makes the CGC graders professionals and not people like Blazing Bob and Flaming Telepath? Did the CGC graders pass a special test?

I have found that one of the better qualities to have in life, is that when you are wrong, you fess up, and say, "you are absolutely right, I was wrong." And then do your best to rectify the situation. It usually brings the majority of people over to your side, where they believe you can do no wrong.

Or you can buy one of these t-shirts for such occasions:

People who list comic books and say "I am not a professional grader" well is ANYONE a professional grader (apart from the folks at CGC)

What makes the CGC graders professionals and not people like Blazing Bob and Flaming Telepath? Did the CGC graders pass a special test?

Yes, they collect a paycheck weekly and get to keep their job another week.

As much as I want to enjoy Pantera I just can't get into the voice. The music is cool but the vocals kill it for me.

Yeah, Death Metal vocals have never been my favorite...but I like the testosterone beat.

I have an axe to grind with people who think Pantera has death metal vocals :baiting::headbang:

Quasi death metal vocals. :foryou: