• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Original X-23 Vampire Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew

42 posts in this topic

This piece was sold via Ebay some time ago by MIke Mayhew, and I am hoping with a little luck I can track down the buyer and make an offer on it. I haven't found the owner on CAF...any ideas, anyone?

MarvelVampire_X-23_Cover_B&Wart%20copy.JPG

If it was sold directly by Mike Mayhew (as he does sell on eBay), maybe inquire to see if he's willing to forward your contact information to the buyer, who then can decide whether or not they are open to communicating and negotiating.

Can't go wrong with Mayhew either. He's a really nice guy and quick to email.

Yeah, I've been talking to him - he's a good guy. The art was marked for sale on CAF, and when I emailed him to buy it, he told me that it had already sold awhile back. I was crushed :(

Waiting to hear back from Mike if he is willing to either give me the buyer's info or if he will put my request to the buyer on my behalf. Let's hope something materializes... :wishluck:

I'll keep bumping the thread every now and again. If anyone has any leads they can suggested, it will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Heard back from Mike Mayhew, the buyer of the OA is in Germany, and he emailed him to see if he was interested in selling. Hopefully things turn out. Big thanks to Mike for making the effort.

Another bump. Followed up with MM, but I don't think he's interested in responding to someone looking for a piece of his artwork that he no longer has (understandable), sooo.... I'm back to keeping fingers crossed. :wishluck:

the time is probably too long, but i have tracked stuff on ebay by going one page at a time through a sellers feedback, and finding the buyers REAL ebay-id from the feedback they left, and then contacting them directly by ebay e-mail. Ebay continues to make this harder to do as they change how things work and how long they stay active, but it has worked for me in the past. just a suggestion.

the time is probably too long, but i have tracked stuff on ebay by going one page at a time through a sellers feedback, and finding the buyers REAL ebay-id from the feedback they left, and then contacting them directly by ebay e-mail. Ebay continues to make this harder to do as they change how things work and how long they stay active, but it has worked for me in the past. just a suggestion.

Thank you - I think I'll give that a try!

Seeing that convention season is starting up, I figured I'd bump the thread and offer a $200 finders fee if someone actually tracks this piece down. (last I heard, it was in Germany)

Wow this is a really bad a** cover. Hope you find it. It would be fantastic page to have in any collection

I found it on Mayhew's CAF page for sale and I was clicking away like a madman trying to get it bought, send an email, whatever - I finally got ahold of him and he says "Sorry, it sold a few months ago - I need to update my CAF". I was crushed. Ever since then, I've been non-stop on the hunt.

I wish I were a little more cagey like some of these OA guys. I don't have the stroke or connections to actually track down a piece, Detective Style. Hopefully, I'll find it one day.