• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

A reprint of #1 six months later?

The Phantom program is setting up / building Revival endcap displays in 50+ retail stores worldwide to expand Revival's fanbase.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

I'll sleep just fine tonight...

Looks awesome! I cant wait to get my hands on em.

I agree, this will only help the fanbase grow. The speculators might not like it but the collectors and fans will.

I have no problem with Larry or the Phantom programme but as someone who has every Revival book in 9.8 (first and later printings and previews) and lives in the UK I am not sure I like this.

I really do hope these will grow the fanbase of Revival and bring in new readers but suddenly my collection is going to get harder and far more expensive to maintain.

Having said that though, Larry the books look great and I wish the programme luck. Frison's art is fantastic and having more is certainly not a bad thing.

Quick question though, will there be another more the reprints of #1 to 5

So far only 1 through 12.

There is nothing wrong with this even for speculators. Its a good thing that will cause growth in the fan base. Larry's books will do nothing but help. I like the bloody cover and so will fans. Larry's just still a little touchy lately over the program he will get over it.

This isn't Saga with a built in audience that no matter how repugent some of the scenes in the book are they will still buy it.(That Giant on the last page last issue was just plain gross.)

With Revival you gotta earn fan loyalty because most don't know Seeley unless you read Hack Slash. They will all be pleasantly surprised with his talent and he can even draw as well.

Revival 1s are now hitting $30 and to be honest Ive looked at a lot of copies and 9.8 just seems tougher then I expected or I am just tough on books in general. A lot of my covers are slightly mis-wrapped.

I like the covers to the Phantom Program, but my only complaint is that a lot of Marvel #1s that arrived at LCS here were damaged along the way - both the Cap and Hulk #1s were dinged at the top of the spine or bottom right corner on most of the copies they received (I went through the stacks they did not put out as well).

Mind you, it is not just a Phantom variant problem as a lot of DC and Marvel books I have seen locally are dinged during packing/shipping here.

Edited by kimik

I like the covers to the Phantom Program, but my only complaint is that a lot of Marvel #1s that arrived at LCS here were damaged along the way - both the Cap and Hulk #1s were dinged at the top of the spine or bottom right corner on most of the copies they received (I went through the stacks they did not put out as well).

Mind you, it is not just a Phantom variant problem as a lot of DC and Marvel books I have seen locally are dinged during packing/shipping here.

THAT'S why high grade copies sell for a premium.

I regularly open factory sealed cases from EVERY publisher that contain .

It is what it is...

A reprint of #1 six months later?

The Phantom program is setting up / building Revival endcap displays in 50+ retail stores worldwide to expand Revival's fanbase.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

I'll sleep just fine tonight...

Looks awesome! I cant wait to get my hands on em.

I agree, this will only help the fanbase grow. The speculators might not like it but the collectors and fans will.

I have no problem with Larry or the Phantom programme but as someone who has every Revival book in 9.8 (first and later printings and previews) and lives in the UK I am not sure I like this.

I really do hope these will grow the fanbase of Revival and bring in new readers but suddenly my collection is going to get harder and far more expensive to maintain.

Having said that though, Larry the books look great and I wish the programme luck. Frison's art is fantastic and having more is certainly not a bad thing.

Quick question though, will there be another more the reprints of #1 to 5

So far only 1 through 12.

There is nothing wrong with this even for speculators. Its a good thing that will cause growth in the fan base. Larry's books will do nothing but help. I like the bloody cover and so will fans. Larry's just still a little touchy lately over the program he will get over it.

This isn't Saga with a built in audience that no matter how repugent some of the scenes in the book are they will still buy it.(That Giant on the last page last issue was just plain gross.)

With Revival you gotta earn fan loyalty because most don't know Seeley unless you read Hack Slash. They will all be pleasantly surprised with his talent and he can even draw as well.

Revival 1s are now hitting $30 and to be honest Ive looked at a lot of copies and 9.8 just seems tougher then I expected or I am just tough on books in general. A lot of my covers are slightly mis-wrapped.

i guess that makes sense. it's just rough for collectors that dont live near stores that sell the variants. buying online is tough because of shipping and people wanting more then cover price for books.

I have Forbidden Planet as part of the Phantom Program to service UK collectors...

I'm also expanding quite a bit.

http://phantomvariant.com/blog/?page_id=7

Yeah, thanks Larry, I have gotten most of my phantom books from FP in London (thumbs u

However, they just don't look after their stock and I will need to ship back to America to get it CGC'd to maintain my CGC run. I went through loads of Bedlam variants to try and get a 9.8 and it wasn't easy.

If people dont want them, dont buy it. But i dont see how it can "harm speculators".

Image firsts does a *spoon* load more to harm 1st prints of a book (as do, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, prints etc), from a speculators point of view. Same with TPBs.

Those are nice looking covers, and if it brings in more readers, or restarts buzz for the book, its going to PUSH UP the real first prints, not harm them...

Cause those who just want a read, already have Firsts and TPBs, and the people that want the real deal will be growing in terms of numbers due to exposure, and supply isnt changing....

If people dont want them, dont buy it. But i dont see how it can "harm speculators".

Image firsts does a *spoon* load more to harm 1st prints of a book (as do, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, prints etc), from a speculators point of view. Same with TPBs.

Those are nice looking covers, and if it brings in more readers, or restarts buzz for the book, its going to PUSH UP the real first prints, not harm them...

Cause those who just want a read, already have Firsts and TPBs, and the people that want the real deal will be growing in terms of numbers due to exposure, and supply isnt changing....

The way I look at it:

I'm trying to bring a bunch of people to a party that you're ALREADY at.

:)

A little sumpthin, sumpthin for my adoring public..

1356792616532.jpg

1356784972023.jpg

I really like the covers. Just a quick question, were these made specially for the Phantom or were these previously done by Jenny Frison. Cause I think I saw the original art for these a long while back.

Also, I like that you took some of our suggestions on the Phantom Logo. It looks more Phantom like now. lol! and it blends better with the artwork.

A little sumpthin, sumpthin for my adoring public..

1356792616532.jpg

1356784972023.jpg

I really like the covers. Just a quick question, were these made specially for the Phantom or were these previously done by Jenny Frison. Cause I think I saw the original art for these a long while back.

Also, I like that you took some of our suggestions on the Phantom Logo. It looks more Phantom like now. lol! and it blends better with the artwork.

I commissioned all 12 covers from Jenny around the timer #2 shipped.

The image is exclusive for comics.

Problem was getting enough stockpiled to run the program.

Jenny's art takes time.