• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I think my books are the stock image ones... but there stored away, I'll get too it sometime and verify..

So I just went long box diving in my office and in addition to all these lovely Hastings variants of various Marvel Now titles that I completely forgot about, I find wait for it....

Yup FIVE!!! copies of Revival 1 first printing that I bought for cover back months ago.

Just read #6...

Love the cover. Good jump back into the series. Someone could pickup #6 and start from that point forward (not recommended, but just saying that the issue could stand alone and invite new readers to the series).

Nice letter again, Gary.

Just read #6...

Love the cover. Good jump back into the series. Someone could pickup #6 and start from that point forward (not recommended, but just saying that the issue could stand alone and invite new readers to the series).

Nice letter again, Gary.

Just reading #6 confused the heck out of me & I was waiting on Revival #1 that I purchased from someone here on the boards and after I read that it was more clear. I agree with you it's not recommended but like me, it made me a fan!!

I'm trying to pick up 2-5 on auction blocks right now. I've never been into trades but kinda considering maybe I should go trades and never read the comic books. I'm kinda on the fence because I've always bought just comic books.

I'm trying to pick up 2-5 on auction blocks right now. I've never been into trades but kinda considering maybe I should go trades and never read the comic books. I'm kinda on the fence because I've always bought just comic books.

i hear you, catching up is a real female dog! (see my sig! lol)

i hear you, catching up is a real female dog! (see my sig! lol)

Yes it is but thank God that Revival prices are not out of hand...yet :)

So what's everyone's thoughts on the FCBD 2012 (Image 20) listed as 1st Revival preview/appearance? Worth grabbing or not?

In my opinion it is the true first appearance of Revival. I know there have been lots of debates on here about previews etc being first appearances, but FCBD Image 20 has a stand alone story that wasn't printed in Revival #1.

So what's everyone's thoughts on the FCBD 2012 (Image 20) listed as 1st Revival preview/appearance? Worth grabbing or not?

In my opinion it is the true first appearance of Revival. I know there have been lots of debates on here about previews etc being first appearances, but FCBD Image 20 has a stand alone story that wasn't printed in Revival #1.

Just my 2c...I consider the preview "Revival #0"...1st reprint is in the TPB...

Previews where the first 3 or 4 pages of the first issue are present cannot be considered first appearanes if you ask me and although I collect them I would never choose them over first issue. However, I even struggle to see how FCBD is even a preview? It's a prologue

Revival #0 is a good shout

If you want the whole revival story from page one of the story then you have to have the FCBD.

+1. The story is a great prelude to the entire series.