• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Pat on my Back, when did I ask for a Pat on my back, Are you kidding me. Watever dude, Not gonna get into this again, not worth it..

Tell you what:

You guys are right, I over paid, I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I am clueless, my sink is shipping, I am broke now and no money...Does that make you happy, great , you guys are right...

THANK YOU SO MUCH COURT FOR THE WONDERFUL BOOK, A REVIVAL 1 CGC SS 10, WORTH EVERYTHING TO ME..THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL DEAL YOU GAVE ME..I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE BOOK AND FRAME IT ON MY WALL..NEXT ONE TO GET WILL BE THE WALKING DEAD 1 CGC 9.9 , FRAMED SIDE BY SIDE...WORKING ON THAT DEAL NOW..

Edited by Hulk44

I honestly don't understand why everyone feels so inclined to weigh in on his purchase. Everyone should buy what makes them happy. And as long as he can afford it, and it's his money to do with as he pleases...what's the harm? (shrug)

And yet, judging by some reactions, it seems like a few boardies are actually butthurt about it. Is it really necessary to attack someone just because you don't agree with their purchase?

As for the WD 1 CGC 9.9 / Revival 1 CGC 10.0 SS comparison, here are some numbers:

Out of 956 copies of WD 1 that have graded 9.6 or higher, ELEVEN of them are 9.9s (or 1 out of every 87 high grade copies).

Out of 420 copies of Revival 1 that have graded 9.6 or higher, NINE of them are 9.9s...and there is only ONE 10.0 (and an SS to boot).

If you want both, and can only buy one of them now, which one will be easier to track down again in the future...?

So...everyone can have their opinion as to the value of the 10.0, but is there really such a thing as "FMV" where there is no reasonable point of comparison? At the end of the day, it all comes down to what the buyer is willing to pay, and what the seller is willing to accept...period. And I think we now know what that number is in this case.

As for future value potential, you can make the comparison that WD is an established quantity like Apple, and Revival is the hot new upstart. If you buy the WD, you are buying a book that has already peaked. It's not like WD is going to get even more popular...and again, there are ELEVEN copies out there. On the other hand, Revival is less proven, but has all the signs of a book that will stick around for quite some time (as evidenced by the strong following in this very thread). And...it has tons of upside. There is plenty of room for growth. And Hulk44 is buying the single best copy that exists. It just doesn't get any better.

So some of you would buy WD instead of Revival. And some of you would buy Apple over the hot new tech stock. So be it. Everyone is free to choose for themselves. We can all speculate about where things will be in the future, but there is no crystal ball, and we all need to decide for ourselves. It would be nice if that were possible without all of the criticism. Buy what you like and what makes you happy...not what someone else THINKS you should buy...and the rest should take care of itself.

Just my 2c

Edited by jjeanius

Well said Court, but this line:

" It's not like WD is going to get even more popular"

is not something i personally agree with :)

i do agree that there is a lot of unneeded bashing of Hulk$$, err Hulk44. (Heck Hulk$$ is a better nickname imo ;)

it's his money and he can do what he pleases. since he started in this thread he has stated that if a CGC 10 ever became available, he was determined to own it. and guess what? one became available, and now he owns it! Job well done!

It's just money. Can't take it to your grave with you so might as well spend it on something that makes you happy. People probably spend as much going to SDCC each year and what do you really get from that if you aren't working the show and flipping to get your money back.

Oh, and 32....

Well said Court, but this line:

" It's not like WD is going to get even more popular"

is not something i personally agree with :)

i do agree that there is a lot of unneeded bashing of Hulk$$, err Hulk44. (Heck Hulk$$ is a better nickname imo ;)

it's his money and he can do what he pleases. since he started in this thread he has stated that if a CGC 10 ever became available, he was determined to own it. and guess what? one became available, and now he owns it! Job well done!

+1.

State your opinion once is enough for us to know your stand on the purchase but repeatedly ridicule and question his purchase is rude, imo. Or is that a type of harassment? Am i think that it is ridiculous price for such book? You bet, i wouldn't pay half the asking price for the 9.9 but that is his choice, none of our business.

Thanks guys , and thanks to COURT for making my dream come true..

Now on to the next DREAM... Let's see what Hulk44 has in mind now...

:devil:

What's next then?

if people are hard on hulk, maybe its not because of his/her purchases, but the type of things he/she says. Especially the first 50 or so posts.

As for commenting on the book. I remember each time WD #1 sets a new high, everyone and their uncle weighs in with an opinion. I dont think a book can set a new high, let alone a really high one, and not have lots of people comment.

This is a forum for discussing comic books, a thread about revival, and that book, its sale, and fair price, are very valid discussions.

I dont think people need to be butthurt to disagree with the sale price. What would they be butt hurt about? Especially if the opposite view IS that there is nothing to be butthurt about.

I have tried to be a bit easier on Hulk lately, but I definitely do not agree with any argument that involves silencing people, or not letting opinions be freely expressed.

If people think its a good price, let them say so.

If people think its a bad price, let them say so.

No one "owns" the thread, and if people violate the boards rules when arguing breaks out, report the posts and the mods will decide

FreeSpeech > Comic Books.

Edited by CBT

if people are hard on hulk, maybe its not because of his/her purchases, but the type of things he/she says. Especially the first 50 or so posts.

As for commenting on the book. I remember each time WD #1 sets a new high, everyone and their uncle weighs in with an opinion. I dont think a book can set a new high, let alone a really high one, and not have lots of people comment.

This is a forum for discussing comic books, a thread about revival, and that book, its sale, and fair price, are very valid discussions.

I dont think people need to be butthurt to disagree with the sale price. What would they be butt hurt about? Especially if the opposite view IS that there is nothing to be butthurt about.

I have tried to be a bit easier on Hulk lately, but I definitely do not agree with any argument that involves silencing people, or not letting opinions be freely expressed.

If people think its a good price, let them say so.

If people think its a bad price, let them say so.

No one "owns" the thread, and if people violate the boards rules when arguing breaks out, report the posts and the mods will decide

FreeSpeech > Comic Books.

It's not necessarily what is said, but how it is said (and I wasn't referring to you).

Edited by jjeanius

It's not necessarily what is said, but how it is said.
hm

To clarify, I was never commenting on price paid - even though that is fair game outside of the sales forums. Buyers and sellers are free to do what they like - if hulk44 is happy, good for him.

The reason I commented was because it appeared from reading this thread after seeing the beginning of the agreement thread that our sales forums were being used to publicize sales that were already done deals. If hulk44 wasn't obligated until he posted the take it then I guess it's a sales thread for the exclusive purchase of one person. Also since the pending agreement was nullified after your cgc 10 was revealed/sold makes it even more of a 'sales' thread...so my rule objection is lessened to some extent.

If the public bait/switch was not disagreeable to the buyer; it's none of my business and my only comment on that is meh

bababooey who is wearing incredibly uncomfortable panties