• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Wow that is awesome!!!

Hack/slash was one of of my favorite series, I was really sad to see it end.

So, Hack/Slash was good? hm Anyone else read it?

:hi:

Volume 1 was very good 1-32.

2nd Volume I didnt care as muchj for, but others liked it better.

There is also like 15 one shots where Seeley help increase sales on other titles that didnt quite have the audience his book did.

They hunt serial killers.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Wow that is awesome!!!

Hack/slash was one of of my favorite series, I was really sad to see it end.

So, Hack/Slash was good? hm Anyone else read it?

:hi:

Volume was very good 1-32.

2nd Volume I didnt care as muchj for, but others liked it better.

There is also like 15 one shots where Seeley help increase sales on other titles that didnt quite have the audience his book did.

They hunt serial killers.

Pretty much agree with this all.

The stories are hit and miss. But always fun to watch Cassie kick butt

I can't really figure out what is exactly contained in the first Omnibus, but I just picked one up cheap on Amazon... :grin:

I have a TON of reading to do!!

Before the ongoing (or during).. Hack/slash put out many one shots and minis. Vol 1 collects all that.

http://hackslashinc.com/1/tpb-guide/

Omnibus 1 - Collects: Hack/Slash (Euthanized), Girls Gone Dead, Comic Book Carnage, Hack/Slash vs Evil Ernie, Land of Lost Toys 1-3, Trailers, “Slashing through the Snow”, Slice Hard Prequel, Slice Hard, and Hack/Slash vs. Chucky

Omnibus 2 - Collects: Hack/Slash 1-11 (DDP), Annual 1 featuring the Suicide Girls, portions of 12 and 13, and 14-17.

Omnibus 3 - Collects: Hack/Slash 18-32 (DDP), Entry Wound, Hackoween, and The Living Corpse Annual 1.

Omnibus 4 - Collects: Hack/Slash 1-11 (Image Comics), Annual #2: Murder Messiah, Annual #3: Hatchet/Slash, Hack/Slash meets Zombies vs. Cheerleaders, Hack/Slash 2011 Holiday Special (never before in print).

Omnibus 5 - Collects: Hack/Slash 12-25 (Image Comics) and Mercy Sparx: A Slice of Hell

Omnibus 1 is sort of a mix, even when I was reading the books as they came out I wasn't totally hooked. The Hack/Slash vs Chucky book kind of tied it back together and I started liking it more, then got really hooked with the DDP series (Omnibus 2-3).

CBLDF13-FRISON-FC-FNL-600x911.jpg

HACK/SLASH vs REVIVAL?

From the CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL 2013

Publisher: IMAGE COMICS

(W) Tim Seeley & Various (A) Richard Corben & Various (CA) Tim Seeley, Gabriel Ba, David Marquez, Richard Corben

A COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND BENEFIT BOOK!

“TALES OF BLOOD & COURAGE!”

CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL returns with Dark Horse editor-in-chief SCOTT ALLIE pulling together an all-star roster of writers and artists to battle censorship with 48 PAGES OF ALL-NEW stories! TIM SEELEY brings HACK/SLASH back for what might be the most bizarre tale in the series...

When's this come out this year? Hmmm... I need to read my previews better!

CBLDF13-FRISON-FC-FNL-600x911.jpg

HACK/SLASH vs REVIVAL?

From the CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL 2013

Publisher: IMAGE COMICS

(W) Tim Seeley & Various (A) Richard Corben & Various (CA) Tim Seeley, Gabriel Ba, David Marquez, Richard Corben

A COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND BENEFIT BOOK!

“TALES OF BLOOD & COURAGE!”

CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL returns with Dark Horse editor-in-chief SCOTT ALLIE pulling together an all-star roster of writers and artists to battle censorship with 48 PAGES OF ALL-NEW stories! TIM SEELEY brings HACK/SLASH back for what might be the most bizarre tale in the series...

All have to get on it will easily sell out with the crossover factor.

October, will be in the PREVIEWS later this month (and it was either missed or held back when CBR posted the Image solicitations this month).

Revival has got quite a few Harvey noms this year.

:sumo:

That's good to hear. Hopefully it makes some "best of" lists this year. I felt that it was severely overlooked last year. I had no beef with the titles ( (worship) Prophet) that made countless top 10s, but I felt that Revival was a too low or non-existent on many lists.

I really like that my local paper frequently writes about comics.

I really like that my local paper frequently writes about comics.

You've got the best local newspaper then except for maybe NY.

I was expecting a 'captain obvious' reply after I posted that link.

We all knew the two comics would be up for that award long ago.