• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

A question about the phantom variants,

I just went through all my copies that I bought from 3 different online stores and they all have that printing indent on the top of the cover, some have 2 indents.

But the #1's have alot of spine wear below the bottom staple only 2 of the 21 copies I have, have almost no wear.

The #6's are better with less wear on the spine also only have 2 with almost no wear, from 9 copies.

Does anyone else have this on their copies?

I think 9.8's might be hard to find.

Edited by bta92

Got my revival lot back in full yesterday:

18 x 9.8

2 x 9.6 (I have no idea why - must be something inside?) passed both Joey and CGC pre-screen..

2 x 1:10 var 9.8

no 9.9's for me!

yeah, did you have to pay for them even though they passed a cgc preescreen?

18 x 9.8

2 x 9.6 (I have no idea why - must be something inside?) passed both Joey and CGC pre-screen..

no 9.9's for me!

Nice haul buddy. The price they're at now you'll still probably make some coin on the 9.6's anyway (thumbs u

18 x 9.8

no 9.9's for me!

yeah, did you have to pay for them even though they passed a cgc preescreen?

Good question - I have contacted CGC as if they failed - why were they slabbed.

And yes - I was charged.

Let you know when they get back to me/Joey.

They slabbed a fricken 100 bullets which supposedly passed their pre-screen and came back 8.5 (shrug)

I have stared at the front back and spine for ages - there must be something inside I missed - again,you are correct - I should not have been charged,and the comic should not have been slabbed.

As I say - when I know, I will pass it on.

Bottom line - only 10 out of over 160 slabs failed to achieve 9.8 (bedlams too,don't forget) - but yeah,as I paid for pre-screen,something is amiss.

Sure K, but a fricken mint looking 100 bullets, thats a $200 slab - comes back at 8.5 without any noticeable damage to the covers.

the spine is unmarked - I got nothing mate - nothing.

If its an internal issue - then I feel they are obliged to tell us why.

I'm not going to crack it open to have a look-see.

I got a 9.4 TWD back (again should not have been slabbed - I asked for 9.8 PS), but at least I saw where I had screwed up - my bad - live and learn.

But internal damage - that should be divulged.

Sure K, but a fricken mint looking 100 bullets, thats a $200 slab - comes back at 8.5 without any noticeable damage to the covers.

the spine is unmarked - I got nothing mate - nothing.

If its an internal issue - then I feel they are obliged to tell us why.

I'm not going to crack it open to have a look-see.

I got a 9.4 TWD back (again should not have been slabbed - I asked for 9.8 PS), but at least I saw where I had screwed up - my bad - live and learn.

But internal damage - that should be divulged.

I had three pressed revivals (not by joey, but another pro) that came back, 9.8, 9.6 and 9.4.

The 9.6 looks like a 9.8, and the 9.4 could be a 9.8, at worst a 9.6.

So I have figured there is something inside, and you having the same issue with it, makes me think there really must be something inside revivals that can hold them back.

BTW, my 9.6 revival sold for $60 plus shipping, and that was a while ago, so you shouldnt be losing out.