• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I've got to admit, the yellow and blue do clash a bit on this book.

F0CA01A9-95B7-4AD6-88E1-4E880C763F41-982-000000B3CAA1BACC_zps36bbde05.jpg

The 9.8 blue label I'm waiting to come back from CGC is probably more aesthetically pleasing.

blue looks better

And it makes a triumphant return back to eBay, finally in the hands of a 'new' seller who's never sold before on eBay and wasn't either of the first two 'buyers'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-1-CGC-9-9-Signed-By-Tim-Seely-Mike-Norton-/251265050055?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a809065c7

Edit: Actually it looks like it could be the first 'buyer' who now listed it for sale, who got positive feedback from gurlygirl for his purchase, yet somehow the book was 'sold' by gurlygirl 10 days after this to someone else. :facepalm:

I reported them to ebay. :devil:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, new user and all that

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251268389470&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:CA:1123

At least given up on shilling, and now just fishing.

okay...what's the Revival market like?

mixed, i'd call it a neutral market. Lots of demand, but also tons of supply. Revival is one of the few Image books (or really moderns) that actually has a rising print run/readership from month to month.

It's TV rumors early led to tons of slabbing, but once that flamed out due to the knock of "the returned" getting optioned, there has definitely been some cooling.

The book is off it's highs across all issues, and looks to be a while before it might match them again. BUT, the strong demand and growing readership has kept it from collapsing (like Bedlam which is a train wreck, sad but true).

I just saw on Lyria Exchange in the Modern Age "Comics To Watch" section that Revival #9 c2e2 just popped up. I'm mixed about this. On one hand that's a clear win for Revival but on the other hand I want a copy and you bastards keep trying to steal them from me! :sumo:(tsk):baiting:

Which is sad because Bedlam is an awesome read with a lot of potential...? (shrug)

:gossip: But we can save further discussion of that in the Bedlam thread.

whoa, your revival set says number 1 in your sig, when did you take it over? Competition is heating up :)

Edited by CBT

mixed, i'd call it a neutral market. Lots of demand, but also tons of supply. Revival is one of the few Image books (or really moderns) that actually has a rising print run/readership from month to month.

It's TV rumors early led to tons of slabbing, but once that flamed out due to the knock of "the returned" getting optioned, there has definitely been some cooling.

The book is off it's highs across all issues, and looks to be a while before it might match them again. BUT, the strong demand and growing readership has kept it from collapsing (like Bedlam which is a train wreck, sad but true).

I agree with the assessment except for Bedlam. The #1 regular 9.8's have stayed flat (around $60-$65), but haven't "tanked" - no hype, check GPA.

I agree with the assessment except for Bedlam. The #1 regular 9.8's have stayed flat (around $60-$65), but haven't "tanked" - no hype, check GPA.

Can't say much about Bedlam but Revival just keeps improving with each issue and I think more and more people are picking up the title. CBT might have put it best with his post so I'm just rambling here about my thoughts and opinions. Ramble, Ramble, Ramble.... :P

ItsJustRyan says:

Well, those numbers are bumping up against the basic value for slabbed books from my perspective. GPA also has lots of flaws/issues with how it reports things. But even using his average of around $55, that's not a lot to brag about. I consider $50 the average cost for any standard modern, to get prices in the 35-40 range you are talking either subscriptions or books no one wants.

The last Bedlam 9.8 Blue on open Auction sold for $41

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEDLAM-1-CGC-9-8-NICK-SPENCER-RILEY-ROSSMO-/281097285579

Of course, timing, etc etc, but it still happened. I am not knocking the series, but it is facing some MASSIVE headwinds in the secondary market. For instance, 9.8 sketch first on ebay sold for $500, and they are selling sub $200 now. All of the variants are below their all time highs.

Contrast that with Revival, it languished last fall, and while it hasnt soared, it is off its bottom, back to pretty standard historical prices, and holding them stably. In the end, i think its readership that tells the tale, here are the contrasting numbers:

Revival took a huge dip, and is almost all the way back.

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Bedlam 1 22740 10 2012
Bedlam 2 18580 11 2012
Bedlam 3 14250 1 2013
Bedlam 4 13910 2 2013
Bedlam 5 13700 3 2013

VS.

Revival 1 18040 7 2012
Revival 2 10490 8 2012
Revival 3 13940 9 2012
Revival 4 15250 10 2012
Revival 5 14100 11 2012