• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I'm one of the guys with a blue 9.8 on ebay for $300. Had it at that price for over a week and no takers... I only even listed it because I need/needed quick cash. Not working out to well lol. I might take it down if it doesn't sell soon, wouldn't mind keeping it.

First post for me, Hi everyone :)

Welcome to the boards. Two blues sold for $350, but with several Yellow's getting list for BIN at $300, that has made people looking at recent sales not likely to want to pay the same for a Blue.

There's only 3 on ebay, if it doesnt sell, dont relist. Wait until there are no others and try again. I bet it would sell in that situation pretty quickly. The trend is definitely up on, considering it was averaging closer to $250 2-3 months ago.

My extra copy is up there right now. I listed at 399 BIN OBO for a month, no offers. Dropped it down and now have it at $350. And I was only one listed for about a week. I'd take $300 but i'm not going any lower than that. I'll hold it otherwise.

All it takes is a hint of some random tv rumor to pop up again and it will take off again. It's kinda annoying that the main market mover is tv rumors instead of the story itself.

My extra copy is up there right now. I listed at 399 BIN OBO for a month, no offers. Dropped it down and now have it at $350. And I was only one listed for about a week. I'd take $300 but i'm not going any lower than that. I'll hold it otherwise.

All it takes is a hint of some random tv rumor to pop up again and it will take off again. It's kinda annoying that the main market mover is tv rumors instead of the story itself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-1-sketch-variant-CGC-9-8-1-of-500-printed-HOT-book-TV-series-in-works-B-/310577183165?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item484fd7b9bd&nma=true&si=XbOTPmcuutSnxzpSkWy2xDKjAYs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

www.ebay.ca/itm/REVIVAL-1-CRAIG-THOMPSON-SKETCH-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-Tim-Seeley-Mike-Norton-Image-NM-/330827141010?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d06d58f92&nma=true&si=XbOTPmcuutSnxzpSkWy2xDKjAYs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The two $350s from feb are the highest blues i have seen in a long time, and only passed by the very first 2 to ebay ($400). But since then there was a 350, then two 300s on the yellows. Which will likely be holding the blues back as people except them to be less than the yellows.

Yellows can suck it. :sumo:

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

I don't know why I have this view but I do. Anyone else feel the same?

I've felt that same way for awhile, although I do like blue label moderns as well. And I don't mind low grade SA's with Stan's name on them, nothing over 4.0 tho.

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

Yellow low grade = cool!

Yellow high grade = ruining that high grade.

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

I've felt that same way for awhile, although I do like blue label moderns as well. And I don't mind low grade SA's with Stan's name on them, nothing over 4.0 tho.

Personally the only yellow i'd ever buy/own would be a commissioned sketch piece on a blank or possibly a personalized sig piece like a signed revival #5 to frame with my OA. Otherwise i'm just not a yellow label fan. I can see why people like them, but just not for me.

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

Actually yes, I agree to an extent.

I'm okay with low grade SA's with a well placed, nicely executed signature.

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

the yellow debate :)

writing on High Grade old books that are super rare is an abomination.

As for everything else, to each their own.

All collectibles only hold value if people are willing to pay for them. Ultimately it just comes down to personal opinion, but CGC pushes yellows hard as it produces more business.

Here some facts, whether you like or dislike them it doesnt really matter:

1.) A SS book is by definition a "conditional" grade. pen or marker on a comic lowers its grade, in the SS books they are just grading the book as if it were not marked.

2.) There is no PHYSICAL/ACTUAL difference between a Green and Yellow. If the witness closes his eyes while the person signs it, it technically should be a Green. What people are really paying for is someone else's assurance that the signature is authentic. But, a green label can just as easily be exactly the same thing, just labeled differently by CGC.

Ultimately that plays back in to, what is a CGC book really. Take it out of the slab and the book is not changed in anyway, but its "value" collapses. Grade it again, it might not even get the same grade.

Buy the book, not the label. If you dont mind having writing on your comics and like the idea of someone associated with the book being the person marking the front cover, go for it.

But the CGC premiums over raw, and the yellow premiums over blue, certainly are not assured long term. It will be interesting when the bubble finally collapses and the number of books being CGC'd gets obliterated, if they will actually lower the price of their service. That'd certainly be one awesome consequence of all the speculation in the market.

Edited by CBT