• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

I still love Revival. :banana: Love the art, characters, dialogue, plot, small town feel and general mystery of the whole thing.

I get the feeling that if there was a TV announcement and a higher price tag attached to #1, more people would be saying what a great book it is.

I can understand why speculators hate it, but don't get why people who enjoyed reading it at one point suddenly don't like it anymore. (shrug)

+1

This book is faaaar better than that show on TV also.

I personally am still really digging this book and I cant say that about dozens of other titles that aren't even in the teens let alone 20s

Same feeling here; I <3 REVIV:SUMO:L.

I'm pretty much caught up, except I haven't read the last issue, but the past few issues have been great and are moving the story along really well. I find it hard to believe that some peeps gave up on it, because it's such a cool story and a good read with awesome art. Yes, it's true that it has slowed down a bit at some points, but it picks up so well when it does and things have begun to come together nicely. It's normal for stories to slow down at some points, right?

I find that the plot and characters are interesting and with two strong female leads I'm surprised this book's print numbers have dropped so much as the series has progressed. Maybe the book just needs a bit more promotion from Image, its creators and us, the fans.

I still love Revival. :banana: Love the art, characters, dialogue, plot, small town feel and general mystery of the whole thing.

I get the feeling that if there was a TV announcement and a higher price tag attached to #1, more people would be saying what a great book it is.

I can understand why speculators hate it, but don't get why people who enjoyed reading it at one point suddenly don't like it anymore. (shrug)

I've basically just started to think that most comic fans have about a 10 issue attention span. I'm not sure what else it would be.

I've basically just started to think that most comic fans have about a 10 issue attention span. I'm not sure what else it would be.

Manifest Destiny was the darling of the boards a year ago, everyone made their money, and now the thread is on the 3rd page

I think the last few issues had significant reveals.

With the print run in a steady decline from ~17,000 issues (#6) to ~8,000 (currently) I fear that Tim Seeley is expediting the story some.

Yellow figure in NYC says how will next generation thrive if old generation doesn't die? [makes me think it's soul/life/being related].

After Lester captures a yellow figure, Em immediately [?] becomes pregnant.

And the last few pages of #27. :o

Not many books make me deeply regret having my pull list shipping on an infrequent basis. Revival continues to be one of them.

8000 is pretty damn good for being on issue #28. This book is also out on time every month and the story has kept me on the hook.

Just wait until you read this latest issue. Much is revealed about Em and the whole revival occurring where it is.

Manifest Destiny was the darling of the boards a year ago, everyone made their money, and now the thread is on the 3rd page

That is still a fine book as well :shrug:

We all know how this goes, a book comes out, everyone loses their minds over it, and by issue 10 75% of them have moved on.

It is all very fickle.

I still really like MD.

This book just kept slipping further and further down my read pile.

It was time to pull the plug.

To clarify, I don't think it is fickle to drop a book that was previously 'hot', what I meant in my previous comment is that the market is fickle with regards to how fast it moves on to the 'next big thing.'

The early Revival numbers were not indicative of a fan base, it was an indicator of people who thought they could make money off of the title.

It seems like, for a book that had a really hot start, you need to wait for it to get in to it's second year before you can really tell how many actual readers it has.

Dollar signs pure and simple. TV show = good book, No TV show = bad book. Sadly most people think that way around here.

it's been a great read all along in my opinion.

Finally read 28. Great issue with an awesome reveal. I like where the book is going.

So does anybody else think...

Weimar killed Em?

For the first time since this book started... I don't think I like where it's going. I'm hanging in there, but... I'm afraid their explanation for how all of this happened is going to be ridiculous, and not spooky or interesting.

Issue 29 was crazy good. :o It will most definitely be a key issue to the series.

There are 4 pages where the art was gross -- those pages were likely drawn by Daniel Warren Johnson. It certainly makes you appreciate Mike Norton's art more.

Those 4 pages lead me to believe that errors were made or late changes were made to the story such that the art had to be redrawn. It sucks too because the story/action to those pages were superb.

P.S. I was planning on pinning up each issue in my office, month by month. I'll probably skip issue 29 for that. Too risky but still a great cover.

Edited by revivedrevival