• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank God THIS didn't happen...

31 posts in this topic

How do you know Nolan fought it?

All I see is: "In an interesting twist, the DiCaprio proposal -- while ultimately unsuccessful for unknown reasons -- may have spawned other casting choices"

Edit: I was hoping for the Riddler... and a while back I heard it might be Joseph Gordon-Levitt and I was totally down for that but I think, from what I saw, they did a fantastic job with Bane.

I'm no LDC fan but the guy is a pretty good actor. I think he could have pulled off a Riddler unless you are saying the Riddler just wouldnt have been a good idea with anyone playing him which i'd probably agree with. I cant imagine my self going to see a Batman with the Riddler as the main villain (shrug)

How do you know Nolan fought it?

All I see is: "In an interesting twist, the DiCaprio proposal -- while ultimately unsuccessful for unknown reasons -- may have spawned other casting choices"

I feel its implied in:

"'Rises' screenwriter David Goyer recently revealed to Empire magazine (print edition, via What Culture) that the studio essentially thrust the idea of DiCaprio as the Riddler upon he and Nolan after the release of 2008's 'The Dark Knight'... around the same time Nolan was pitching 'Inception' to them, in which DiCaprio starred."

I'm no LDC fan but the guy is a pretty good actor. I think he could have pulled off a Riddler unless you are saying the Riddler just wouldnt have been a good idea with anyone playing him which i'd probably agree with. I cant imagine my self going to see a Batman with the Riddler as the main villain (shrug)

I can agree that LDC is a good actor, but I am not sure I can see him in this role

evil? I mean to be taken seriously evil? and a comical evil at that...

plus a comical riddler would invoke all those 90's bat slop that came out as well...

:P

I remember back when the talk started about the Star Wars prequels and DiCaprio's name was being bandied about for the role of the adolescent Anakin Skywalker. I was horrified by that idea but he would have done a far better job than the kid they gave the role to.

Still can't see him as the Riddler though.

Hey, it could be worse, they could cast Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze............

oh wait. :(

I remember back when the talk started about the Star Wars prequels and DiCaprio's name was being bandied about for the role of the adolescent Anakin Skywalker. I was horrified by that idea but he would have done a far better job than the kid they gave the role to.

fixed.

not that anybody gives a damn.

+1 He is a very versatile actor (see The Departed, Shutter Island, Inception, etc..), he would've made an excellent Riddler.

+1 He is a very versatile actor (see The Departed, Shutter Island, Inception, etc..), he would've made an excellent Riddler.

Anyone who saw the departed knows this guy can do just about anything on screen he chooses to do and do it better than 95% of the actors working today.

The Riddler, as a character, is all wrong for the Nolan Batman universe. That's a bigger problem than having an A-list, A-talent, actor added to the cast.

I think Decrapio is a fantastic actor. It might be out of his comfort zone, but I think he could pull it off.

You know who I think would smash that role with a hammer? Billy Bob Thornton. (worship)

QFT

I think Decrapio is a fantastic actor. It might be out of his comfort zone, but I think he could pull it off.

You know who I think would smash that role with a hammer? Billy Bob Thornton. (worship)

Billy Bob Thornton... (worship)

He's a damn good actor but I can't picture him as riddler hm

As a goofy assed Gorshen Riddler, no.

As a completely loony, dark, sadistic Riddler, yes.

Why do we still insist on the '60s Batman TV show being remade? That lightning has struck and it's time for a new direction.

As a goofy assed Gorshen Riddler, no.

As a completely loony, dark, sadistic Riddler, yes.

Why do we still insist on the '60s Batman TV show being remade? That lightning has struck and it's time for a new direction.

I agree. Cast Pauly Shore.

I don't think there would have been anything wrong with LDC playing the riddler.

It sounds like he may be a little out of his element, but who thought that Ledger would have been in his element as the Joker?

Ledger was amazing, and Nolan has been able to bring out the best in his actor's.

Now if you want to read about something that you should be glad never made it to screen google the -script for gladiator 2.

I'm in agreement. I ribbed Ldc as much as the next guy when he was a teen idol, but he's proven himself since and has certainly won my respect. I think he would have been fine as the Riddler. Who ever though Heath Ledger would be a good Joker?